Chapter 14

Corazon just stared at Kaizer and then turned to leave. But before she can even move, he stood in front of her..a few inches from her..his dark blue eyes strike hers.

Corazon frowned at Kaizer, "What?"

"I can now understand why Gabriel has turned his back to his luxurious life, Corazon," he muttered, his eyes dancing with amusement.

......

"You are a beauty," he sarcastically said.

"I don't need you insulting me,hunter!! If you're not going to kill me, then at least let me leave."

Kaizer step back and grinned at her... She just glared at him. She turned and walk away..not looking back... Her children's waiting for her and she still have to protect them from the witch's poison. She can still let them stay alive for a few more years because Gabriel stocked their storeroom with foods and clean water. They can survive and from that time..she should be able to think of another way for them to live.

Thinking of Gabriel hurt her... he battled with his own fate for her and now... the fates took his life for resisting them. He died in her arms...trying his hardest to protect her..and for God's sake... he didn't even turn her. And for that matter...he still protected her because she remained human.

She silently walked through the abandoned castle and again, Kaizer approached her. He grabbed her arms and dragged her gently away from the castle. She tried to take her arm away because she felt something as his hand touched her skin. A certain warm...a familiar warm from a man's touch that makes her feel fragile and protected.

"Let me go!"

"I have to make sure that you'll leave this place. No humans are now allowed to go inside here. It's not safe," Kaizer firmly said.

"Yes, because you are here!"

She spit words at him as if it can kill him. She kept on insulting him but he remained calm. Until they had reached the end of the castle..

"Go, human. You are not safe here anymore."

Kaizer is now the one turning his back after shooing her away from the castle. She just rolled her eyes then is about to walk away when a vampire showed up in front of her. And with the looks in his eyes... he is a hungry deprived vampire. Her eyes widened as he swiftly snatched her waist and pushed her towards a big hard tree. Fear crawl through her veins. The vampire hissed and showed her his long sharp fangs that would sink in her any minute..or second. He sniffed her scent and he grinned.

"Fear... I love fear..."

She tried to push him though she knew she can't even budge him. She closed her eyes because at that moment, she knew death is very near...as near as his fangs from her neck. When his fangs touched her skin...she accepted death... but then his hot breath is suddenly replaced by brush of cold wind.

"human, you sure are a death magnet."

"W-what hap—"

Kaizer peeked at the ash and grinned, "he turned into a dirty dust."

"o-oh.."

"Seems to me that you have to stay beside me for a few more moments."

"I-I can manage from here, hunter.."

She tugged her hand from Kaizer who managed to hold it without even her noticing it. But he just tightened his grip around her wrist. Then as they walk, she saw a horse, running confidently towards them. She assumed that Kaizer owned the horse. For a few seconds, she had the chance to admire the most beautiful horse she had ever seen. He walks like his owner, heads up with confidence and oozing with strong power. When the horse halt, Kaizer rode his horse swiftly...and she taught he finally let her go but then he held down his hand.