Chapter 8

Dylan can't help but grin at the woman beside him. His situation's very ironic. He went to Vampire's city to return and give them another of their kind. But here he is, going back to Philippines with a more powerful vampire beside him. He closed his eyes and he remembered his conversation with Jayden.

"You can't let her stay with me... mas delikado sya samin."

"She'll be safe with you. I know you'll never hurt her, Hunter. You'll never hurt my Queen."

"Why did you do that to her? Why do you have to be so harsh with her?? You're the one she trusted with her life..."

"I have to do that... I have to take her away from here. Alam mong hindi na sya kasing lakas tulad ng dati. Mas malakas na ang mga kalaban namin. Some generals are now withdrawing on our side. And most greedy vampires love Neziah's way of thinking..na dapat kami ang naghahari. I am afraid, the kingdom will fall and the queen will fight to death for her throne."

Kunot-noong napatango na lang sya, "I understand."

"And now I am asking for your help... you have to protect my Queen even if it kills me."

"I am admiring your love for your Queen. It's...selfless."

Jayden's eyes twinkling, "I'm not even near of being selfless, Hunter."

"Allright. I will protect your queen."

"Thank you. You're the only person now na alam kong hindi iisipin ng kalaban na tatanggapin mo ang reyna. I owe you my queen's life."

The airplane's about to take off when Cassandra stirred from her sleep. She automatically searched for Dycon...

"He's still asleep with his maid, Cassandra. Stop worrying."

"I am not worrying. Malapit na ba tayo?"

"Yes, your highness."

Cassandra glared at his sarcastic tone.

"Calm down, vampire. I have alerted every hunter in my line that the Queen will be with me. Wala silang gagawing masama sayo..besides you'll be staying with me."

"no. I'll buy a house. Doon kami ni Dycon. Mas ligtas kami doon kesa—"

"No. You'll stay with me whether you like it or you like it. Wear your glass...walang dapat makakilala sayo dito."

"Ugh... I feel like a fugitive when I really am not."

"MAMA!" Dycon called her.

"Dycon, how's your sleep?"

"Ayos naman po, mama!!"

"You're mother taught you well in speaking Tagalog, Dycon," Dylan noticed.

"Opo. Kasi dito sya nagmula."

Dylan glanced at Cassandra, she's looking at her son but her mind's distant. Her face's masked with worry and concern. He tried to reassure her with his smile.

"Everything will be fine, Cassandra."

Cassandra takes a deep breath before walking into the airport. She shivered when she felt Dylan's left arm snaking around her waist and his right arm carrying Dycon. She wore her shades and Dylan's wearing his own. Familiar faces met them as they reached the escalator.

"Nico..."

Nico bows, "Master...welcome back," then turns to her, "Your Highness.."

Few people can't seem to stop glancing their way. Ginagamit na ni Dylan ang kapangyarihan nya at siguradong ganun din ang kanyang mga tauhan. They're using their power for humans to ignore them but Cassandra's aura is too powerful...and her beauty, it captivates everyone kahit pa halos matakpan na ang mukha nito ng shades.