"He apologized many of times. I don't see why you won't just let it go already.", she said coming in behind me.

"I know I just don't know.", I said, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Will you promise to just listen to what he has to say?", she asked sitting on the counter.

"I won't make any promises. I'll call you later. I need to go for a run. See ya.", I said kissing her cheek before running out.

"Bye baby mama! Don't forget to talk to him!", she yelled after me.

***************************************

I felt great aftter running 3 miles. I haven't worked out in awhile. I showered and got dressed in my comfy clothes which consist of a tank top, sweats and my fuzzy socks.

Now is a great time to watch Lifetime and relax. Before I could rest my feet up, my doorbell rang.

"Who is it now?", I whispered to myself. I looked through the peep hole but nobody was there.

I opened the door and saw Kayden standing here.

"Hey Ms. Amber!", she smiled.

"Hey baby!", I exclaimed. I pulled her inside & looked outside to see if anyone was with her but I saw no one.

Well, that's strange.

"Kayden, who brought you here?", I asked.

"Y-you don't want me here?", she asked quietly with sad eyes.

"No no no. That's not what I meant.", I said, picking her to comfort her.

"I'm with my Uncle August.", she said laying her head on my shoulder.

"Did he just drop you off & leave?", I asked, walking to the couch to sit down.

She shook her head no.

"Well how did you get here?", I asked.

She just closed her eyes and turned her head away from me so I wouldn't see her face.

If he didn't drop her off that only means one thing.

"Kayden La'Branch, I know you did not walk all the way here without adult supervision.", I said sternly.

She didn't say anything, her head was still turned away from me.

"Look at me.", I said, putting her in my lap.

She just kept her head down and played with her fingers, looking down at her lap.

"I just wanted to see you.", she said.

"Well that is not the way to do it. Do you want someone to kidnap you & take you away from us?", I asked.

"No ma'am.", she sniffled.

Damn it. I didn't mean to make her cry.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry, Don't cry. I just don't want anything to happen to you.", I said, cradling her close to me.

"I'm sorry.", she whispered.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again.", I said rubbing her back.

Kayden snuggled closer to me & we watched TV. Our relaxing time got interrupted by banging on the door.

"I bet I know who that is.", I whispered to Kayden who just sat there. I removed the blanket from my legs. I looked through the peep hole and saw a red faced August.

I opened the door only to be pushed to the side.

"Where is she?", he grumbled.

"Well hello to you August. It's very nice to see you.", I said sarcastically.

"I'm not fucking playing Amber. Where is my niece?", he asked, rudely.

"She's in the living room.", I said ignoring his rudeness.

He stomped to the living room with me behind him. As soon as Kayden saw him, she jumped under the blanket, hiding from him.

"Kayden Michelle, what the hell is wrong with you? Runnin' all the way here like you lost your damn mind?! Do you know someone could've taken you?! They could've hurt you or worst! We already lost Mel! Do you want to be gone too?!!", he yelled at her.

She didn't say anything she just stayed under the blanket.

"Damn it Kayden, ANSWER ME!", he roared snatching the blanket off of her.

"NO!", she yelled back with a face full of tears.

"Who the hell do you think you yellin' at?!", he yelled.

"I just wanted to see Ms. Amber! I didn't mean to make you mad. I-I-I'm so sorry.", she sobbed.

Almost immediately her tears put out his flame of anger.

"Kay..", he said softer.

"I'm sorry.", she whispered.

I picked her up & she wrapped her arms around my neck while she cried in the crook of my neck. I went to the guest room upstairs. I rocked her back and forth for about half an hour until her sobs stopped meaning she was asleep.

I laid her down in the bed and went downstairs. August was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I sat on the other side of the couch then he finally spoke.

"Can we talk?", he asked.

Should I listen to Jessica and talk to him or kick him out?

**************************************************************************

I know it's been awhile since I last updated but it's my senior year & I've been really busy. This weekend is the only weekend I had nothing to do so I decided to update! Sorry it took so long guys.