I think I'll call him Lucas.

Ness

I finish planting the sunflower seeds in the front garden, and sit down in front of them. I look up to the blue sky, a few clouds slowly hovering across the sky ocean.

"Happy birthday, Lucas." I whisper, patting the sunflower seeds before watering them a little bit. As I turn to go inside, a small bird lands on my shoulder.

A little yellow bird, with a cool bird mohawk looking thing. It sits there, and I slowly hold my hand up to it, scratching its neck. It doesn't move, it doesn't even flinch.

I hold a finger out, and it climbs on, sitting there. I smile. What a cool bird. I sit back down and play with it for a little while before having to go back inside. The bird seems pretty keen on hanging out with me, though, and follows me inside.

At this point, I'm not sure what to do. The bird seems to like me, and I like the bird, but I don't know if it's allowed inside or not.

"Mom?" I call.

"Yes, honey?"

"There's a bird I found that really likes me. Can we keep it?"

She appears from the stairs and sees the bird sitting happily on the brim of my hat.

"What do you mean by it really likes you?" She asks.

"This." I say, holding my hand out for it to sit on. It bounces into the palm of my hand and I scratch its neck a bit.

"Oh," She says, her eyebrows raising. She goes to scratch it and it doesn't really care. "Wow. Sure we can keep it. You thought of a name for it yet?"

I look at the little bird.

"Looks a little like Lucas, doesn't it?" I point out. The mohawk-y thing, paired with the yellow feathers.

"I guess so. Its name is Lucas, then?" She asks. I nod.

"Will we need a cage?" I ask.

"Yeah, but he seems pretty well behaved, so it's not urgent." She tells me. I smile and take Lucas upstairs.

-

"I miss you, you know." I tell the bird, who's sitting on my lamp. It chirps, and I smile. "I hope you come back soon, so you can see how different I am."

The bird bounces down and bounds around the room. What a cutie.

I lie down and close my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

Here's a quick thing before I disappear without internet for a couple of days

Bye for a bit, friends