Secret Admirer

There are SO MANY VIEWS!
I'm proud of myself
Thanks to all of the people that are reading mt somewhat decent stories.

I love you all!

P.S you should go write a story, I reckon you can do it

Tell me about it and I will totally read it

Ness

I open my bag and find a small purple piece of paper in it. There are three words on it, written in neat handwriting.

"You're truly amazing."

I blush slightly, elbowing Jeff whose beside me and showing him the note.

"Do you have any idea who would write this?" I ask.

"Someone that likes you, from what I'm guessing." He responds with a shrug.

"Jeff, that's... Not the answer I wanted."

"Today's a lazy day. I can't really be bothered to find the writer. I'll be sure keep an eye and an ear out, though." He says with a shrug and a wink. I fold the paper neatly and tuck it safely into my pocket. Blushing, I can't help a small smile form on my lips. It means a surprising amount to me. School resumes being boring.

The next week, on a rather clear Tuesday, another note arrives. A simple one, as simple as before.

"You don't appreciate yourself enough."

It makes me think. Why would they say that? How would they know that...? Instead of producing a smile or a blush, it instead formulates a frown. A confused frown at that. One normally worn by a person attempting to solve a problem without enough information. Glad to see it hasn't stopped following that pattern.

Who's writing these? What would I do after finding out? Would I confront them about it, or avoid them? Running fingers through my hair, momentarily free from my hat's prison, I sigh. I can find out later. Folding the piece of paper up and tucking it neatly into my pocket, I theorise if it is any of my friends. I'm so unfocused on anything around me that I don't notice the blonde walk past me, studying me piece by piece.

I proceed to class, boredom settling in with a very minor freak out.

-

Two days later, I receive another note. This time it has a phone number on it though, as well as small writing underneath the number.

"Text me. No guarantee I'll have credit 24/7, though."

I add the number to my list as "The Mysterious Notesperson". Humming with content, I add the note to my collection. I wonder who this notesperson is...

-

Ness:
Hello?

The myste...:
Hellooo.

Is this the person that's been leaving me notes?

Mayyyybee.

Okay
I don't know why I texted you
Have a good day

You toooooooo!

Well, that was awkward. I turn my phone off and place it face down on my desk, returning to the book I have open. You know when you're bored and you have nothing to do so you just do nonsense? Yeah, that's what's happening.

On the open book is a list. It's a decent sized list of the people that are in most of my classes. Some have crosses through the names and the rest are untouched. To the left of the list is the criteria. Neat handwriting, purple paper, leave school after me/get there beforehand. Most of the uncrossed names are because I don't know enough about them.

I groan and close the book. I pick my phone back up. Maybe the answer is closer than previously anticipated.

What's your name?

That's cheeatiiing.

Booooooo

You'll see me around school. I'm in preeetty much in all of your classes.

Oh
Cool, thanks for narrowing down the search :)

See you at schooool!

I turn my phone off and place it face down.

"Honey! Dinner!" Mom calls from downstairs. I take off my hat and head down for dinner. At least this will take my mind off of things.

-

In every class, I look around, trying to spot a recurring character, or somebody starting at me. Recently, the only thing I've been able to really think about is since kind of investigation. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the blonde entering the room for the fourth lesson in a row. I think I have an idea as to who this admirer is.

-

Okay, okay, Ness. You got this. Just go up to them and say hi. Easy. I take a deep breath and look at my target. A shy boy by the name of Lucas.

I walk up to him from behind and get ready to tap his shoulder. Instead, he turns around and sees me, leaving us both in awkward silence.

"Hey, Lucas." I say, giving a small wave. He blushes slightly and nods.

"H-Hi..." He says. This kid is way too... Just not to be the notesperson. Regardless...

"Do you know anything about notes?" I ask him. He nods and shakily hands me a note.

"Congratulations!" It says. There are drawings of balloons I turn back to Lucas, who only shrugs, a smile on his face and blush on his cheeks.

"I'm, uh well... Into y-you. An-And I com-completely understand if you aren't in-into me, don't worry... But, if-if we get to know each other better th-then maybe you will end up, uh, L-liking me back?" He says, nervously smiling with a shrug.

I hesitate. I'm not gay. At least, I don't think I am. As far as crushes and relationships go, they've all been girls. But... I guess I can try.

"Sure. Let's go out for like, lunch or something sometime." I say with a smile.

Lucas smiles, his face turning red. He nods almost violently and giggles.

"Y-Yeah," He says shakily. "That would be gr-great!"

BAM THIS ONE WAS DONE WAY EARLY

IT'S ONLY 8 OVER HERE

TOP THAT TOP HAT