Accidental confession

Link ran as fast as he possibly could. The thud of his boots echoed throughout the castle halls. I have to stop that little blue life ruiner ! He took a quick minute to calm his racing heart. After he decided it was at a steady beat , he carried on with his running until he reached his destination : Princess Zelda's bedroom.

Why was he running around the castle ? Only because a certain blue fairy continually pestered Link by asking him about his love interest, until he reached his breaking point and eventually told her. The fairy had promised not to tell a soul, but if she would've actually meant it then Link wouldn't be trying to stop her from telling Zelda.

Link wasted no time in barging in. His eyes scanned around until they spotted Navi. He angrily stomped over to her, but she wasn't alone. She was perched on Zelda's shoulder. "Hello , Link." Zelda smiled warmly. Link glared and yanked Navi into his hat. Then turned to Zelda and bowed before her. "Hello , Princess." Navi began flying around furiously, causing Link's hat to fall, releasing her.

"Hey ! What the heck is wrong with you ?!" Navi screamed accusingly. Link narrowed his eyes. "Don't play innocent , I know what you told her." Navi perched herself on Zelda's shoulder once again. "I was only joking , I told her nothing !" Link rolled his eyes. Zelda's eyes flickered between the two , confused. What was so wrong with what she said ?

"All she said was-..." Link turned away from the princess and covered his face in embarrassment. "I know and I know you don't feel the same way, so I'll make this less awkward for both of us if I-..." Zelda turned him around. "You're making no sense. If you're trying to confess your feelings for me , I assure you they're mutual, however this is a pretty poor way to admit them." Link's mouth dropped open , a warmth filling his heart. "Really ?" Zelda answered his question with a kiss to his lips. Link smiled through the kiss , not even curious as to what Navi had really told Zelda.