Chapter 22

I was woken up by a tiny finger poking me in my stomach. I opened my eyes to see Lexi staring at my stomach. she raised her hand to poke me again when she realized I had woken up. she stared at me wide eyes like she had been caught doing something wrong. I opened my mouth to question her but she beat me to it.

"Daddy said that you had to rest because they are babies in there. I wanted them to come play with me so you could rest sleep but I didn't mean to wake you mama. They are just hiding." She let out a little huff and crossed her arms.

Laughing I explained to her that the babies were not fully grown yet to the point where she could play with them and that they were in my tummy to keep them safe while they grew. She grew silent for a minute. "How did they get there mama." A look of pure confusion was tattooed across her face. "Well you see-"

"I put them there." I looked away from Lexi to see Will standing in the doorway.

"How daddy? Can I have babies in my stomach too? Will you give me?"

A horrified look crossed Will's face. "NO!!! Um...no. Daddies can't give their daughters babies but someday, a very long time from now, a very very very very long time, you will meet a boy who will give you one."

"Oh but I wanna be like mama." A cute little pout graced her lips.

Will took a few steps and stooped down to her level and wrapped his arms around her. "You'll get your chance princess but for now there is something you can do to be like mama."

Lexi's eyes brightened. "What daddy?"

"Mama needs to rest so you can help take care of your brothers while she rest."

"Ok daddy. I'll go tuck them in." She ran out of the room quickly leaving me alone with Will.

He stood and turned to face me. That warm look that was in his eyes while talking to Lexi was now gone.

"How do you feel?" He asked?

"Pretty good. I'll be ok."

"The doctor said you fainted from not eating enough. Maybe to avoid morning sickness. You'll need to be better about that. Other than that you and the babies are fine. I'm rearranging my schedule to be more involved with the kids while you get yourself in order. If you don't mind I would like to be with the kids for the rest of the week."

He was being so formal it scared me and the thought of having some unknown doctor examine me while I was unconscious didn't sit well with me. It took me a few seconds to register the last part of what he said. "Sure, um -ok. There's an extra room down the hall."

"At my house, Katerina."

"My heart started beating really fast. Was this part of his plan to take the trio? What if they spend the night and never come back?

"NO!!" I yelled sitting up fully on the bed. He gave me this look that, quite honestly, scared me.

"Why?" His face was now dark.

Before I realized what was coming out of my mouth, I began talking. "I'm not going to let my kids go with someone who is still sort of a stranger to them. To me. You don't know them well enough to know what they need at times. What kind of cereal they like. What foods they won't eat and what they are allergic to. I won't allow it. I'm the mother. I won't allow it. You can stay here for a few days if you want to help with them or you can come in the evening like you've been doing but I won't allow my kids to spend the week with you. No. Not happening."

It was silent after I spoke for several minutes. Will's eyes were void of any emotion what so ever. Empty of all emotion except anger. He finally spoke after staring at me for those few minutes.

"Ok." I let out a breathe I didn't even know I'd been holding. I knew he didn't like it but at the very least he agreed.

"Ok, so are you staying or visiting?" I asked giving him a slight smile.

"Neither."

My smile dropped. "What? I'm confused. You said you wanted to be with them."

He looked me dead in the eye. "I was advised by my lawyer that if I were to pursue for full custody I am to limit contact with you. Goodnight Katerina.

"What? Full custody? The agreement said fifty-fifty. What are you talking about?" Tears started to pool in my eyes.

"I said I wanted this to be a clean co-parenting situation. For everyone involved to be fair and respectful and what I heard just now was neither. I don't think you are going to agree to split custody and I'm not going to argue with you. I'm also not going to allow you to babysit me in order for me to see my kids. I won't sit here and listen to you lists all the things I don't know about them, which is to no fault of mine. I'm not going to wait for you to realize that they have two parents now and not one. I'm not missing anymore time than I already have with them. I'm not being an absent father because of someone else's faults, They deserve better." With that he walked out. I could hear him telling the trio goodbye. A few seconds after Lexi's giggles died down I heard the door close and he was gone. Leaving me unable to move from my spot. How could I screw this up so bad?

~~~~~~~

PLEASE

COMMENT

&

VOTE

THANK YOU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Liyah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

p.s..really sorry about not updating.