Chapter 6

I looked up to see the surprised face of Susan as my mother hugged me. I had last seen her a year ago when she came to visit me and the kids. When the kids were born, I had called her and asked her to come, but not to tell anyone. Even though mom knew my boyfriend before I left are the trio's father, she had never met Will or knew his name. After that she came as often as she could to visit. my father or Kaitlyn never knew. I hadn't seen her in a year because she said dad became suspicious of why she was going to Paris every six months. She decided to stay home for a while and then she would come visit but she got held up with her numerous charities.

Kaitlyn sat still staring at me. "What is you doing here?" she asked after two minutes of staring at me. I sat up straight and stared at her. A diamond engagement ring sat on he left hand. So she is the bride.

"Apparently to design your wedding dress. Congratulations. Sis." From the corner of my eyes I could see Susan's own widen. A gasp came from my mother and all eyes turned to look at her.

"I have a fantastic idea. How long are you in town for Katerina?" My mother asked with a mysterious glint in her eyes. I eyed her carefully as I  replied. 

"For the entire summer. Why?" My voice was laced with curiosity but the minute her smile brightened, I knew. I started shaking my head no. There was no way she could get me to do what she was thinking. 

"Kaitlyn doesn't have a maid-of-honour and you could be her made-of-honour. Its perfect." She was clapping her hands excitedly. Now I see where Dria picked it up. Kaitlyn's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to object but kept quiet when mom shot her a look.

"I don't know if I can mom. I have Rachel with me and I still have work to do and Jaq and.....and the guys will be here in four weeks." I had slipped and almost said  the kids. I still didn't want Kaitlyn to know about them.  My mother looked at me and said "Please Katerina. For me. Its a lovely idea. Right Kaitlyn?"

"Yes, I agree with mom. Be my maid-of-honour. I mean it will be the only wedding you attend in a while." I knew she was trying to get to me but I wouldn't let her.

"Fine. I'll be your maid-of-honour. As a wedding gift I'll design your dress, free of cost." I didn't want to be in her wedding let alone be her maid-of-honour and I was, so she cant expect a gift to. "Now can we get on with the reason we came here. I have places to be."I was now irritated. My mother nodded her head.

"I'm having a fundraiser for orphans this saturday at nine at the mansion. I want you to come. And before you say you have plans, you are coming. Even if I have to drag you there. Am I clear?" I nodded knowing I can't say no.

"Okay, we'll need to schedule a fitting. We'll have to meet and go over the design another time as we are running out of time now. What we can do now is discuss what kind off material you would like and your wedding colours."

"Why do you need my wedding colours?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I have an idea for your dress. Now, what material do you want?"  I was in full business mode now.

"Anything but polyester, and my colours are swamp green and orange." My first thoughts to her colours were ewwwwwwww, my second were those colours were so not Kaitlyn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After leaving the restaurant I made my way to the L.A branch of K.D Designs. I had a meeting at three. The building was twenty-five stories high and made of glass, metal and concrete. The lobby was white and had to sets of elevators on opposite sides of the receptionist's desk. When I walked toward the private elevator, to go to the top floor, which housed the President and Vice President's offices, a guard stopped me.

"Excuse me miss. You can't use those." I turned and smiled at him, but his brown eyes only narrowed at me. He looked to be about fifty with his short black hair that had few grey hairs inbetween. He had wrinkles at the corner of his mouth like he laughed alot, but it did not make you feel less intimidated by his large frame.

"Its okay. I assure you." I had this problem when I visited the London office.

"You can call Mrs. Burke and she'll clear me."

The receptionist looked up upon hearing this."Mrs. Burke is in a very important meeting and asked not to be disturbed."

I knew she was lying because the meeting was to brief me on the process of the branch. I pulled out my phone and dialed a number. The person answered on the second ring. I didn't wait for them to start speaking and just said "Get to the lobby." Then I hung up. I leaned against the wall next to the elevator, with the guard standing next to me and the receptionist occasionally rolling her eyes and shaking her head at me, for the next five minutes until the elevator beside me opened and Mrs. Burke stepped out.

"Again?"she said as soon as she saw the guard next to me.

"Yes and I heard that you're in an important meeting and wished to be left alone?" I inquired. She glanced at the receptionist who now had the dear caught in headlights look.

She turned to the guard and asked "What seems to be the problem here?"

"She was trying to use the private elevator, ma'am."

"I'm still waiting for the problem. Ms.Di Marci is more welcomed in this building than you or I, Thomas. She owns this company."

The guard, that I now know is Thomas, along with receptionist stared at me with wide eyes. "I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't know."

"Its okay Thomas but we have an important meeting to get to and we wish not to be disturbed." I said aiming the last part at the receptionist. Mrs. Burke and I entered the elevator and went to the conference room where the heads of each department was waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photo of. Kaitlyn and Teresa Di Marci.

PLEASE
COMMENT
&
VOTE
THANK YOU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Liyah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~