Chapter 17

The first thing I saw after stepping off the elevator and int the waiting room of the hospital was Jaq holding a crying Lexi. Her white dress had red blotches of blood all over it. A sob escaped my throat as I got closer to them. Lexi's head snapped in my direction and her red, tear filled eyes met mine. "Mommy!" She jumped off of Jaq's lap and ran into my open and waiting arms. I searched the room and there was no sign of the boys.

"Where's Alex and Drew?" I could hear the desperation in my trembling voice as I repeated myself. "Where's Alex and Drew?"

"The doctors took them into a room. They won't  let me see them. Kat? Oh god Kat. They need surgery. The stupid doctors said that they're minors so they'll need consent in order to operate and I gave them consent but there was a complication and they couldn't operate and they wont tell me why!?" Jaq said, her voice hoarse and trembling. 

I turned and passed Lexi over to my mother. "Grandma, They got hurt." She said. As my mother whispered to her how they were going to be fine, I headed over to the receptionist's desk. "Umm..Andrew and Alexander D'beau? I-I'm their mother. they were in an accident. I-"

She cut me off. "Yes. The doctors were waiting to speak to you. Please follow me." I was lead to a white room at the end of the white hall. When I saw what was inside that room my heart squeezed and my breath caught. My boys lay in the hospital beds looking smaller than they ever have. Alex had a black eye and a bandage wrapped around his head, his arm was wrapped and his leg propped up. Drew's arm was also bandaged but his torso was wrapped up and he had a gash on his head. I walked between the two beds and took their uninjured hands and held them, placing a kiss on each of their heads. The door opened and the doctor entered.

"Ms. Di Marci my name is Dr. Lane. Alexander suffered a hit to the head, a broken arm and leg. but he will be fine. Andrew on the other hand suffered a broken arm, a laceration to the head and broken ribs. Alexander did not require surgery as they were all clean breaks." She said getting straight to the point. My stomach squeezed and bile rose in my throat as nausea arose but I pushed it back down.

"So Andrew doesn't need surgery either? I was told they needed surgery and there was a complication."

"Yes there is. A piece of metal from the crash is lodged in Andrew pushing against his lung. We have stabilized him for now."

"So why don't you fix him? What's the complication?" I was aggravated and angry and scared. I was scared for my babies. My stomach tightened to an uncomfortable level.

"Your children acquire an AB- blood type. We are hoping to acquire and exact blood type match as there is risk of possible infected. As soon as we have a donor we can operate. So Ms. Di Marci are you an AB-?"

As I took in what she was saying my eyes widened. "No, I'm not but their father is."

"Great. Can you get him to donate?"

~~~~~~~

I walked back to the waiting area where everyone sat. Will was sitting with a sleeping Lexi in his lap and my mother was staring at them with a look in her eyes. Jaq was the first one to spot me. She was sitting with her head laying on Pierre's shoulder. Who had arrived at some point. 

"What did they say?"

"Alex will be fine but Andrew needs surgery. They didn't operate because they were trying to find a blood type match."

"So you donated already and he's in surgery?" My mom asked.

"No. I'm A+ and He's AB-. They need his father to donate."

For the first time Kaitlyn spoke up. "I can help track him down." She said it like she thought I was a whore who didn't know who her baby  daddy was. But now wasn't the time. This was about Drew.

"No need. I know exactly where he is." I took a deep breath. "I need you to donate your blood Will."

Everyone in the waiting room grew silent.

"What!" Kaitlyn screamed. "Is this some kind of sick joke."

I ignored her and focused on watching the emotions flicker across Will's face and in his eyes.

"I know I didn't tell you and you have every right to be mad at me but plea-"

"Show me where to go." He interrupted. "There my Kids I'll do it in a  heartbeat."

"You believe her!!" Kaitlyn screeched. It was out of character for her. she was usually in control and settled.

"Katerina may be a lot of things but an outright liar isn't one of them." He carefully passed Lexi to my mother and stood. "Show me where to go." 

I nodded and turned back to the hall way where the doctor had told me to go once I got Will.

"You knew, didn't you?" I whispered to him.

"From the moment I saw Lexi."

The pain  in my stomach intensified.

~~~~~~~~

Will, Lexi and I were sat in the room with Alex while we waited for Drew's surgery to be over. Alexander was still unconscious due to the meds in him. Lexi had woken up and was clinging to Will's side and staring at him with her big blue eyes and he was staring right back, making her giggle when he widened his eyes really wide. For the hour Drew had been in surgery we had talked and decided that we will tell the kids about Will when they were all better. We also decided to talk about everything else later. Right now our priorities were making sure the trio were fine.

Suddenly a white pain flashed through my stomach making me groan.

"Mommy? Are you okay?" Lexi asked.

I opened my mouth to answer her but another flash of pain ripped through me and my knees bent. I grabbed onto the back of the chair I had been pacing behind as my vision got blurry. 

"Katerina? Maybe you should sit. I'll go get a doctor to look at you." I heard Will's voice but it sounded father away than it should. my knees gave out suddenly and I fell. The last thing I heard before blacking out was Lexi screaming.

"Daddy do something! Help Mommy!"

Daddy!? She Knew. 

~~~~~~~

Teresa's P.O.V(Kat's mother)

"You knew!?" Kaitlyn spat at me.

"Watch your tone young lady. I am still your mother."

"How can you say that when you knew Katerina had children and that William fathered then and you didnt tell me."

"Because quite frankly dear, its none of your business."

"Of course it is m-" 

"Shut the fuck up! Please!" Will's grandmother said. "This isn't about you Kaitlyn! Your sister and my Grandson are in there waiting to see if their child made it through surgery. No one gives a fuck if you knew or not. But so help me God I will slit your throat if you open your mouth and something insensitive comes out. Show some fucking respect or leave." Kaitlyn's mouth dropped open along with a nurse who was passing by, but she didn't say anything. 

A beeping sounded and a doctor along with several nurses went running in the direction Kat and Will had disappeared to an hour and a half ago. A few moments later Will came out holding a screaming and crying Lexi.

"What's wrong man." Jason asked.

"She collapsed and started bleeding."

"Who?" 

"Kat! Katerina." A look of utter horror crossed his face. "They think she's in the early stages of a miscarriage."

~~~~~~~~

THANK YOU

PLEASE

COMMENT

&

VOTE

~~~~~~~~Liyah~~~~~~~~ 

A/N : If you like my book please share it with your friends and if any of you will like me to check out your book please leave a comment notifying me. Thanks again for giving Always and Forever a chance.