Chapter 19

Around midnight I got up to use the bathroom once again. I couldn't bring myself to sleep in this state. The bleeding had slowed and the doctor said she would be back to check if the baby had survived. When she said that my heart broke. I hadn't known about the baby but it was still my baby...mine and Will's. I hadn't seen Will since earlier but Jaq told me he was asleep with the kids. The boys were probably wondering who was the stranger sleeping in their room. I had cried myself to sleep after everyone had left. My sister hadn't even come to see me. After checking for spotting and finding only a few spots of blood I went back to bed. I turned on the television to a documentary in hopes of it boring me to sleep. I began to think of what Will's mom had said. I felt like it was my fault. If I had just gone to Will that night instead of running a lot of things could have been prevented. The trio would have known their father from birth and Will and I would probably still be fine. Now? Now he was marrying my sister and probably hated me for not telling him about the trio. Finding out you have one kid is hard enough, but three? I will fix this, I have too. With that thought I finally fell asleep.

The doctor came at ten the next morning. Will sat next to my bed but he wouldn't look at me. He was mad and he had every right to be. Will was the type that when he got mad, really mad, he would remain silent until he calms down or it became to much and he exploded. It was best to stay away when he was like this. I use to be able to calm him when he was like this because I was never on the receiving end of it. That hurt. 

I was shaking terrified of what the doctor would say. If she would say that my unborn child, who I had grown to love in such a short space of time, would not make it. I may not have known about this child but I love him or her so much already. I felt something touch my hand as the nurse and doctors prepared for the ultrasound. I glanced down just as Will took a firm hold on my hand and gave it a squeeze. I squeezed back but he still didn't look at me. 

"Okay Ma'am, are you ready?"  The doctor asked. When I nodded she squirted the cold gel on my stomach and moved the wand over my stomach. The entire room was silent and suddenly you could hear the strong, steady heartbeat. I heard Will release a sigh from beside me.

"The heartbeat is strong and...wait is that...Well congratulations!! You're having twins!"

As she declared that my heartbeat sped up.

"Two more?" My breath was shaky. 

"You've got twins already?" she asked.

"No. A triplet." The smile she gave us said it all-good luck with five kids. 

As the room cleared leaving me and Will alone the reality of the situation sank in.

We weren't a couple. I lived in Paris. The kids needed their father in their lives, that isn't negotiable. We've got a twin on the way and he's engaged to my sister.  My sons are in the hospital and I nearly lost the unborn children I never knew I had. But as I turned to Will what shot out of my mouth surprised us both. "What the hell is wrong with your sperm? Can't it ever just produce ONE baby!"

He finally looked at me with a blank expression then he started to laugh. It made my heart skip a beat.
After he sobered up, he looked me directly in my eyes. "We need to talk."
"I know."
"I want...No...I need to be a part of their lives. I've lost so much time already." As tears sprung to my eyes, I opened my mouth to apologize but he cut me off. "I don't want to waste time wondering why you didn't feel the need to tell me, or why you didn't trust me enough, or believe in us. I don't want to revisit why you left or the past. I just want to be with my kids. I want my kids to know their father."
Wiping my tears I nodded. "We can tell the boys when they wake up."
He nodded. "Your mother called earlier. They'll be here by twelve."
"They who?"
He looked down and took a step back from the bed. "Your parents, and Kaitlyn."
Well shit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you
Please
Comment
&
Vote

AN: SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE. I'VE HAD A BUSY PAST FEW MONTHS. I GRADUATED SCHOOL, AND TWO DAYS LATER STARTED A SUMMER INTERNSHIP AND THE AFTER THE INTERNSHIP ENDED I STARTED COLLEGE. IT WAS SORT OF A HECTIC SEMESTER. SO I APOLOGIZE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!!!
HAPPY ALMOST KWANZAA!!!!!