Chapter 2

PRESENT DAY

"Il ya une Susan Smith sur la ligne pour vous Kat."(There's a Susan Smith on the line for you, Kat.)my assistant, and bestfriend, Rachel's voice came through the intercom. Rachel was a year older than me and had a head of flaming red hair. After I left America and came to Paris, France, I had had a difficult time but I got through it. I started my own fashion line and company. After a year, the business was blooming so I bought other companies in the fashion industry, that were closing down and branched out my business to other countries. I knew that was risky but after a year of late nights and alot of travelling for the renovations, KD Designs were opened in Italy, Russia, America, England, Germany, France and Austrailia, and it was worth it.

"Qui est-ce? Je ne sais pas d'une Susan Smith."(Who is that? I dont know a Susan Smith.)

"She says she's from Dream Wedding in America and she has a bride who wants a dress designed personally by you. I did good with my english, oui?" Rachel had been trying to learn english so she could travel to America on vacation and I agreed to help her.

"Yes, you did very good Rachel. And put her through. I'll see what I can do."

What Rachel didn't know was that next week when I travelled back to America, for the first time in six years, I was taking her with me as a surprise.

"Hello? Ms.DiMarco?" An urgent voice came through the phone speaker.

"This is she." I heard a sigh of relief leave her lips.

"I had been trying to reach for months now. I know you're a very busy women so I wont waste your time. I have a client who wants you to personally design her wedding gown. The wedding is in four months. I know its basically last minute and you dont know me or owe me any favours but I need this to happen, my job is on the line and this is a high profile client. If this doesn't happen my career is over." Susan sucked in a deep breath after the marathon of talking she just did.

"Your client is riding you hard huh?"I asked. This woman sounded like she needed a good night sleep or a drink, maybe both. She let out a dry laugh.

"Yeah she is. And I apologize for my unprofessional behavior, its just that I'm running on two hours of sleep." For some reason I already liked her.

"It's okay. I like people who are real. Speaking of which, I will be visiting LA next week, so I will do the dress. We'll have to meet up and discuss the futher details when I get there. Does that work for you." I inquired.

"Oh my god, thank you so much. You just saved my life."

The call with Susan Smith ended a few minutes ago and I was still stuck on the fact that I was going home. I had really wanted to put off that trip but I really wanted to take Rachel, Jaq, my other bestfriend, and the trio, so I had to suck it up for them. I guess I'm really going home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was waiting outside the school for the trio. I was texting Jaq when I heard the distant shout of a small voice screaming,"MOMMY!" Putting away my phone I looked up to see Alexander, Andrew and Alessandria, running towards me.I bent down and they all came running into my arms. The triplets were five years old but on occasion, can act five times their age, or five times less than their age. When they had started school they asked about their dad. I had told them that he was away on business and would be back any day now. The next day my five year olds had sat me down and told me that basically I'm a hypocrite. They said I tell them all the time not to lie, but I lied to them and that when I was ready, I could tell them what really happened to their dad and that if the lie monster comes for me they would protect me no matter what.

The trio are actually the reason I met Jaq. It was about two months after I got here. I had just found out I was three months pregnant. I couldn't go back home and I was avoiding Will's calls since I left. He was in business school preparing to take over his father's empire because Mr.D'beau was retiring and moving back to Greece and since Will was his only child he was the heir. I didn't want to hold him back with my family troubles. So that night I left to the fashion institute in paris I had secretly applied to and got in. Jaq had seen me crying and sat down to talk to me. I poured my heart out to her and she offered to help me any way she can. Jaq was eight years older than me but acted like eight years younger than me.It was hard in the begining because the kids looked just like Will. They all had his blonde hair and blue eyes and the boys looked like him in those baby photos I had found in his room once.

"Hey sweeties how was school?" And with that question they began telling me about their day and how Alex and Drew played soccer at recess and Dria drew a picture of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photo of katerina above.

PLEASE
COMMENT
&
VOTE
THANK YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Liyah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~