Chapter 13: Family

Tobias POV

I wake up still on the chasm floor. I look to see if Riley is still here, she is gone. I get up and start walking around thinking about what has happened, I realized I don't think Riley and I met by accident. U think Marcus had a plot to ruin my life without actually being here. But why have I never known about Riley? If she claims to be my sister I should know about her. I feel something in my pocket, another note.

I couldn't stay, had some important business to take care of. We will meet again.

-R

I don't know exactly what happened except after I heard the news.... if Riley is my sister then why did she kiss me? What does she want? All these questions baffled in my head, I needed to get away.

Tris POV

I woke up to the feeling like something just kicked me in the stomach. Wait!? I felt my stomach and I felt one of the babies kick.

"Four!" I screamed and Tobias ran in.

"What's wrong, are you okay?" He asked concerned

"I felt one of the babies kicked." He placed his hands on my stomach and started to smile. I couldn't help but smile too.

"Speaking of babies, have you thought of any names?" He asked

"I haven't really thought about it, I guess. Have any ideas?"

" Ill have to get back to you on that one." He winked at me, which made me giggle

We sat there for a little while, just enjoying each others company, when we heard a bloody murder scream. Tobias and I dashed out of the apartment, it was harder for me to keep up, but I managed. We reach a large group of people. Tobias grabs my hand and pulls me through the crowd. We see a few people surrounded around someone laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Their long, black hair covering their face, their skin pale as a ghost, Lynn.

Tobias POV

Lynn is laying on the ground half dead, and everyone is panicking. I see a small piece a paper in Lynn's pocket. I leave Tris to go look at it. I open up the paper and gulp. Everyone around me is still in a chaotic frenzy. But I decide it now.

"One by one, they will be gone. Meet me tonight, here, bring it." -R.

I know what she was after, the only thing Marcus could want from me. But they can't have it.

I walked Tris back to the apartment, she was still in shock from everything. I tell her I was working tonight and would be back later tonight. She doesn't question it any further and goes off to bed. I then make my way running to the chasm. Again I seem to find myself alone again. Then out of the shadows appears Riley with the devious smug smirk of hers.

"Hello Tobias." I wince at the sound of my old name.

"Hi." I groan

"Now lets just cut to the chase, what do you want?" I questioned

"You know what I came for, what you stole from Dad." I gag in disgust at the sound of the word "dad".

"I didn't steal anything from that monster!" I screamed

"Choose you're words wisely brother, you have no idea what could happen." She threatened

"Okay, if you're my sister... Explain why you kissed me...." I asked queasy. She did a devious laugh

" Short story is I was injected was Memory serum when I got to Dauntless for being a "spy" and I was attracted to you, but then Marcus revived my memory and I returned to my mission. And you never knew about me because he had a another home away from you with him, mom, and I. We were happy."

"Mom? But shes...dead?" I quivered at the though

"Thats what they wanted you to think." She replied

"Anyways, you know what I'm after bring it to me, or another of your friends will be the next victim." Before I could reply she ran off.

What have i got myself into?

-----------------

Authors Note: Sorry for a late update, having a lot of personal problems, thanks for the people who are understanding. :)

Qotc: What do you think Tobias stole?

Asking for : 20 comments, 25 votes!

Vote, Comment, Fan!

Love you my rebels

-Paige Harper (dauntlesspaige)