Chapter. 9: Parents

We walked down the stairs to see my mother in the kitchen. She and Caleb turn there heads. The look on my mom's face was priceless, I had to hold back my laughter.

"B-beatrice?" My mother studdered.
"I gave her a smile "Hi mom."
She ran over and hugged me, "Oh Beatrice, I missed you so much!"
"I missed you too!" We pulled away and then gave an odd look to Tobias.
"Who is your...friend" she asked, trying to sound as polite as possible. Psh, typical Abnegation.
"This is To- Four." I replied almost slipping out "Tobias" she would have known for sure.
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you umm.... Four." Caleb gave a small "ha" I shot him a glare and immediately shut up.
"As I was saying, not that I'm not happy to see you, but what brings you two here?" Tobias and I give each other a worried glance.
"Umm... I kinda needed to take a little vacation from my job and to give you some news."
She gave me a worried glance, but she didn't think much of it.
"Okay, but wait for your father to get home so he can hear it too." She announced.
"Do you need helped setting the table mother?" Caleb asked, somethings never change, he always was "selfless".
"Actually Caleb, can I talk to you, alone." I insisted.
"I would but, mother needs help." He said trying get out of it.
"Don't worry, Four can help." Everyone turned their heads at me and stared at me like I was insane.
"Yeah, sure, of course Ill help." I gave him a sorry glance as Caleb and I stepped into the backyard.

Tobias POV

Tris and Caleb exited the room and an awkward tension rose between us. I placed silverware and dished on the table until Mrs. Prior broke the silence.
"So Four, you look familiar, have I met you before?" she asked. She couldn't know Marcus was my dad, it could ruin everything I tried to bury away and forget my past.
"I don't think so, maybe you saw me on Visiting Day." She wasn't completely satisfied but she dropped it.
"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be asking all these questions"
"It's fine." I gave her an assuring smile. I really wish Tris was here. She must see the cruel monster called my father in me, we kind if did look alike. This is not gonna end well.

Tris POV

"What do you want Beatrice?" Caleb said with a smirk
"Do you enjoy harassing me?" I asked
"I'm not trying to harass you, I'm only looking out for you."
"Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need help from a traitor like you." I spat at him.
"Traitor? How am I a traitor?" Caleb asked confused.
"You picked Erudite." I said
"So? You pick Dauntless, that makes you just as much as a traitor?"
"But you know how much our parents hate Erudite, you went against your own family." I announced.
"Don't act like your so innocent, your pregnant, have a idiotic boyfriend who is going to play with your heart, and left Abnegation, So who is the bad one now?" He smirked. Hess right, above all that I'm Divergent.
"Hopefully our parents are more understanding then you are, how did I get so lucky to have a brother like you!" I yelled dripping sarcasm as I stomped back inside.
"I found Tobias sitting on our couch and my mom cooking dinner. I went and sat by Tobias. I laid my head on his shoulder and looked at the fire. At this moment I was actually happy. Thats when my father walked in. He looked over at me in shock and thats when Caleb came back in. I'm pretty sure were going to be the death of my father.
"Honey isn't this a lovely suprise, our kids have come for a visit, and Beatrice even brought a friend." My mother said trying to keep my father calm. We all waited for my fathers reaction. He stared at us for a moment before he smiled.
"Beatrice, Caleb welcome home! Come and give me a hug. I let out a sigh in relief and went to hug my father.
"I missed you so much!" I said as I hugged him.
"Come on everyone, dinner is done!" I released from the hug and went and sat next Tobias at the dinner table. We all sat eating in silence until my father spoke up.
"So...Four is it?" My father asked.
"Yes, sir." He replied not making eye contact.
"How long have you and Beatrice been together....intimately?" I about choked when he said that and I started to blush. Tobias face was pure red.
"We have been together for about a year." He replied.
"Oh yes. You look familar, have we met before?" Tobias tensed up
"I don't believe so, sir." He replied trying to hide his fear. I looked over at Caleb who had a smirk plastered on his face.
"Well sorry for all the questions, it was quite rude of me." My father announced. We sat in silence most of dinner. Tobias and I offered to clean the kitchen.
"I think we should tell them." I whispered ti him.
"I don't, they would kill us."
"That would be quite selfish of them." I teased which made him smile. He tensed up just staring off into space..
"What's wrong?" I asked. He snapped out of his thought.
"Umm...nothing. Ill finish this, you can go get ready for bed." he offered. I gave him a curious look, but agreed to.
"Okay, thank you." I gave him a quick kiss to be interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We both turn to see Caleb standing. I just rolled my eyes and went to my room.

Tobias POV

I watch her walk upstairs followed by Caleb, I then hurry to finish the dishes. I walk into the living room to see Mr. Prior reading the paper. I start to walk out, but then I realized, it's now or never. So I walk in and sit on the sofa.
"Umm.... Mr. Prior make you something?" I asked trying to hide my nervousness.
"Hello Four. Sure, ask away." He replied putting down the newspaper.
"I love and care for your daughter very much, sir. I want to protect her and give her everything she needs. I want to ask your permission to marry her." I asked with sweat running down my face. If he says no, it will be disastrous. We sat there in silence for, what it seems like forever,but in reality in was only a few minutes.
"Four, I would be honored if you married my Beatrice." He said extending his hand for me to shake. I eagerly excepted with a smile on my face.
"Thank you so much Mr. Prior, you will not regret this." I then exited the room and went to find Tris. I headed up the stairs and was about to enter Tris's room when I heard her and Caleb talking.
"Get out Caleb!" She shouted.
"I'm not here to argue with you. I'm here to warn you. Something is happening."
-----------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
What did you guys think?
Qotc: What do you think Caleb's news is?
Bonus Qotc: Will Tris be ready for the proposal and getting married?
Don't for get to comment and vote, the more I get the quicker an update! :)
Love my little rebels!

-Paige Harper (dauntlesspaige)