Chapter 35

Yujin's POV

I held the black device in my hand. It was cool in my warm palm, plain, and seemed relatively harmless, however its contents were priceless. I'd listened to the recording over several times now and shuddered every time I heard the sounds of Sooji coming on to Jungkook, my fist clenching tighter every time I heard Sooji speak. Every time she admitted her actions.

I wasn't going to confront her. At least, not alone. I knew the girl was unstable and capable of pretty much anything, and I was in no condition to go up against her, anyway. I didn't want to be accompanied by any of the guys, however, because with under an hour left until the show they needed to be focused.

I sought out someone I knew would listen and get things dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I knocked on the door, entering when instructed to. Inside sat my boss, Park Jinyoung, accompanied by Bang Si Hyuk and several managers and staff. I bowed my head politely to the individuals in the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Yujin, we weren't expecting you back so soon! Are you sure you're feeling alright?" Bang Si Hyuk asked me, eyeing my crutches.

I nodded. "Yes, I'm feeling just fine, really. Thank you for your concern."

"Yujin-ah, is there something wrong? It's almost show time." JYP asked me upon witnessing my cautious and sullen expression.

I clutched the recording device in my hands as I requested, "Would we be able to speak in private?"

JYP's bright expression fell slightly as he and Bang PD shared a look, sending the staff to wait outside. He gestured for me to take a seat on the chair opposite the sofa he sat on, which I appreciated so I wouldn't have to continue bracing myself on my crutches.

"What is this about?" The Big Hit owner asked.

I took a steady breath. "Sir, are you familiar with Choi Sooji? She works under your label."

He pondered for a minute before giving a curt nod. "Ah, yes, Sooji. I believe she's a stylist?"

I nodded at his slight inquisition. "Has she ever seemed... off to you?" I bit my lip after asking.

Bang PD sighed. "Well, if I recall correctly, she did have a slight disciplinary record. But it didn't seem like anything too serious, and I figured since she was young she just needed to mature a bit more."

I gulped. "This is going to sound absurd, but please hear me out." I paused. "Choi Sooji is the reason I was injured. She pushed me off the stage."

JYP and Bang PD were dumbfounded, speechless, even, for a moment. JYP was the first the speak.

"That's a serious accusation, Yujin. I hope you have proof to back it up."

I held up the sleek device in my hands. "This should be all the proof you need. It's her admitting everything."

JYP eyed it suspiciously. "And how did you go about obtaining this? Why would she even attack you in the first place?"

I swallowed. This was the part I was genuinely nervous about: revealing my relationship with Jungkook. I'd been hoping to keep it in the down-low, simply between us and all the guys, but because of my plan I knew I'd have to come clean. I'd just have to hope the two company heads would give us their blessings.

Bang Si Hyuk was looking at me expectantly and I ran a flustered hand through my hair before spitting it out. "Bang PDnim, JYPnim, I'm sorry for hiding it for so long, but Jungkook and I have been sort of seeing each other for a while now. We're currently in a serious and loving relationship, and I hope you can see it in your hearts to accept us. But as to why I'm revealing this, Sooji has made it clear she has been harboring intense feelings for Jungkook for some time now, and when she found out Jungkook and I had something between us she began to target me. She pushed me off the stage in order to, I assume, get me out of her way. After I was released from the hospital, I made a plan to get her to fess up. Since I knew she was slightly unstable and had overwhelming feelings for Jungkook, I knew we could use him to get her to admit what she did. And it worked." While I had been explaining, I kept my eyes on the floor, too scared to gauge the reactions of the two men before me.

Then, one of them laughed. Promptly after, the other one joined in. I lifted my gaze with a perplexed expression.

"What is it?" I asked with genuine confusion.

"We already knew about you and Jungkook, Yujin." Bang PD revealed. My lips parted in shock. "Yoongi and him both already discussed everything with me. They're both very serious about you, let me say. Jungkook even got down on both knees to allow you two to stay together. I'd thought I'd seen the boy be earnest before but never to that level." My heart thumped against my rib cage.

"Plus, you two weren't very good at hiding it in public. I mean, that spectacle at the gala was enough to raise suspicion for even the most oblivious person." JYP added.

My cheeks grew hot as I began to feel flustered and awkward. I bowed my head. "Thank you for accepting us, and I apologize again for my secrecy."

They both accepted my apology. Then JYP turned serious again. "Let's hear this recording." I skipped past the more lewd noises in the recording (when Sooji had attacked Jungkook's face) and played her confession. The two men shared a stern look.

"Don't worry, Yujin, I'll send for some bodyguards right now to detain her until the end of the show. We'll get the police involved after the show to avoid a scene. Thank you for bringing this to our attention." JYP immediately stood up and began dialing a number on his phone.

Bang PD was next to stand as he stated, "I apologize for letting her slip through the cracks. I should have let her go the first time she acted up, and because of this I'll be providing you a lawyer. Don't worry Yujin, everything will be taken care of." He also walked away and began making a phone call.

I sat back in my seat and let out a heavy breath. This was almost over, everything could return to normal again, and I could soon be happy with the guy I loved.

~*~

I'm sorry this chap was a filler, things are going to begin to gear down from here on out
the story will be coming to an end soon, unfortunately, and i'm so sad to say that bc I love this story unconditionally
thank you for all who have been on this journey with me ❣️
Also please check out my Park Jimin fic!!