Chapter Nine

"I'm sorry you had to see that" Lucius suddenly said. I gasped as I bounced away from him, my heart beating so fast again it's making me feel slightly dizzy.

I held my chest as I pursed my lips and looked away from him. What would he think of me now? He's probably wondering why I'm lying on his chest like I am his wife or something. "You don't have to worry about that" I said, my lips are dried from embarrassment.

"When my mother died my life changed" he opened up and I looked at him, surprised he mentioned his mom. "My father remarried a woman, her daughter is Anastasia" he continued and my heart beat went fast that I looked on his arm tattoo mystified, "She was seven years older than me and is so beautiful, yet I developed romantic feelings towards her" he paused and breathed deeply, "I was fine with her but the one I couldn't stand was her mother. I hate her" he hissed.

I held his hand as I started to feel the anger in his eyes, I may have never gone through some family issues but I want to be in his shoes, I want to understand. "I ran away because I hated both of them, it became the worst decision of my life" he continued, "I flew to London to meet my mother's godfather Joel, he said he could help me but I ended up being sold to a woman from 6&6, it was a torture house in their"

Lucius' fingers curled into a tight fist and I just sat sympathetically with him, setting myself ready to comfort him. "They, they just didn't treat me like I'm human" he hissed, his eyes were red and angry but underneath it all he is ready to break down in tears. I shook my head weakly and Lucius gathered his breath when a tear fell on his face, "I don't want to go back there" he cried, much like he was begging me not to put him there.

I swallowed and held his hand tighter. The agony I see in his eyes makes me want to crumble, it's ripping my heart open and I felt so much remorse. I can't picture out the things they did to him in my head but I wish there is at least something my mom and dad could do to help Lucius put those people that made his life a living hell behind bars. 

"How..." I uttered, "How did you get out of there?" I asked. I wasn't even sure if I should. Should I go on talking? This is too much for him. 

"Anastasia helped me. She did everything she can" he replied, so that is why he loves her despite having a mother he hates. "She is not like that fucking witch. That homewrecker" he added.

I shouldn't say something anymore but I had to. One last question. Just one. "Why do you have two names?" I asked. 

"Lucius Haile is naked in shame" he answered, "I would rather be addressed as Lucius Collins than Lucius Haile" he continued, "But I guess it will always haunt me because I was born with it" he said.

"I...I'm sorry, I had no idea everything that happened to you...was, was terrible" I said shakily, still trying to contain everything that Lucius has shared.

I was pained but glad that he opened up, that he felt comfortable with me. From destructive and chaotic, he turned fragile; broken by circumstances. He looked at me with soft eyes and I can't help but become vulnerable in his gaze.

I licked my lower lips as I swallowed, he made me feel things I shouldn't feel, desires I shouldn't have. I looked down to his lips and my heart starts to yearn, like it's being pulled towards him.

Involuntarily, I felt my arm raised and my hand cupped his face, my thumb tracing his perfect lips. I looked at him apologetically, his breathing deepens and I could see his chest rise up and down. God, he is so beautiful.

Lucius put a hand on my neck as he leaned his forehead against mine, I could hear his every breath, the lust, the desire. I gulped nervously, crashing my lips against his. His mouth opened, I didn't know what to do, I never kissed anyone before.