Chapter Fifteen

"A c-customer?!" I exclaimed and covered my mouth shortly after I realized my voice raised a bit by surprise. 

Luke smiles at me as he pats my head; "It's okay to be surprised. You hate each other after all" he said. Wait what? How does he know that. I don't recall telling him about the names of people I hate. 

"H-How do you know that?" I asked, looking mystified at him. 

Luke sighed as he puts a hand on his neck, "Well, we slept together a few times and she always complain about a girl she hates" he narrated, "I now realized it's you" he observed. 

I swallowed as I felt my heart rip inside my chest. Slept together???  Does he mean SEX?! 

"You slept with... her?" I asked anxiously, trying not to sound I was in deep pain. 

Why does it cut like a knife? Why does it pierce me like an arrow? Is this what it feels like to be jealous? To think that Sherina had what I didn't and that is what Luke couldn't even do with me. 

Luke looks at me confidently and at the same time confused, "I thought I you knew I was an escort. It's a part of my job" he explained as if he sensed my pain. 

"Sherina was probably around 16 if it was a year and a half ago, is it even legal?" I asked. Why do I feel like I wanted to cry? 

"Well" he uttered, "She's a decent payer. It's only illegal when you're caught" he said. 

"Wow" I sighed in disbelief. I didn't know Sherina would pay for sex? But looking at Luke, if it is with the likes of him, who wouldn't? She might've fancied him a lot. 

I put down my ice cream on the table and decided I wanted to sleep instead. I'm furious. I remember the time I embarrassed myself by asking him to have sex and he refused me and now I'm hearing him say he slept with Sherina and even said she was a decent payer? 

Unsettled, I grabbed my coat and contacted Coral to meet. I could ask Luke for some answers but I don't think I he'd give me enough to quench my curiosity. He always like to see me hanging by a thread and now I'm forced to look for an answer by myself again. 

"What is it now?" Coral asked, much like he was complaining i called him to meet. What a lazy person. 

"I need a favor from you" I said, "Can you do it for me?" I inquired. 

"Well, I can but nothing comes for free" he stated. 

I breathed deeply as I held my hands together, "What do you want in exchange of the information I need right now?" I asked and then he grins. 

"Your time" he answered. "You need to help us understand the research paper you made so we can prepare for the defense by the end of the semester" he added. 

They only have to read it, why couldn't they understand? Gosh, these people. "Okay, I'll do it" I said lively but I'm sneering deep inside. 

Coral smiled like he just won the lottery and he grabs his laptop from his bag and opened it, "What information do you need?" he asked. 

"6&6 in London. Look it up" I ordered and Coral starts to type in. 

While waiting for him to retrieve some information, I ordered some orange juice and sandwiches for the both of us. He said it might took a while since the place is not very famous and it was an illegal business protected by high-ranking politicians. 

"It's basically a prostitution den" he said and I moved my chair next to him so I can see what he sees on the screen. 

"It's quiet a tall building for a prostitution den?" I commented, looking at the tall infrastructure that's wriiten "Leeman's Insurance Inc.", an insurance company?