Chapter Four

"Why do you lock your door?" he asked, his eyes looking down on me with pure curiosity. 

I let go of the knob as his hand pushed the door wide open and we are standing face to face, it was awkward, a situation that's worth the run. "I...I was changing" I responded, my voice's shaking a little bit. 

I looked away from him and ran back to my bed, trying not to look distracted that he is actually coming down. His eyes wandered around the basement and since he was tall, his head was nearly touching the ceiling. I wonder how tall exactly he is, six foot or more? 

"What are you doing?" he asked. 

"Homework" I responded plainly, my hands shakily scanning the things written on my notebook but I wasn't even concentrating. I was just pretending I was reading something. 

He sat at the edge of the bed but stood up again when he saw the medals and certificates I hanged on the wall to the right. "What are all of these for?" he asked and he turned his head towards me. 

"Pride?" I answered then he went back to the bed and looked around once again. "Pride?" he repeated, "What are those for anyways? They don't mean anything when you die" he added. 

I secretly rolled my eyes at him. Of course they don't, coming from someone who doesn't have any direction in life. "They'd take me to the college I want" I said proudly, "They'd land me a nice job. I'm concerned about my future, I'm that type of girl" I added frantically. 

"So you've had your life planned" he said and I nodded, "Then what comes after?" he asked sternly and that's the question I find hard to answer, what comes next? 

I swallowed as I looked at him, "I don't know" I uttered and he chuckled. 

"Why? You had your life planned" he said, highlighting life planned. He had a point, I planned my life and I don't even know what comes after I get my dream job, which is being a psychiatrist. 

"I'd help people then maybe have a family" I said. Family. I wonder if I should tell him there's a little portion in my heart that tells me to find my biological parents. But, why should I search for someone who isn't even searching for me?

"Are you certain you'd go a straight path and not turn elsewhere?" he asked. What is he even trying to imply? "Yes" I muttered.

He grinned, "What if you fall in love?" he asked playfully and my heart suddenly raced. 

"I'll fall in love with who?" I asked mockingly, in great disbelief. 

His blue crystals looked sharp in my eyes, looking to devour my spirit and my sanity and as those dimples pierced his face, his lips moved then he uttered, "With me" 

With me. His words banged inside my head like a gong. I was dumbfounded and my heart's hammering in my chest, I felt my pulse beating everywhere. I was so high in the cloud but as his stern looks disappeared, it was replaced by a playful grin, "Why do you look so startled? I was just messing with you" he chuckled. 

I swallowed irritably, "Well don't mess with me like that" I spatted, "I'd never date the problematic kind" I declared. Swear to god, I'd never. 

He grinned maliciously and I stared, he's much finer up close. Now, that I am looking closely, his eyes aren't just blue, they have gray. "You were aware you are good-looking...right?" I blurted out. 

Madden over what I just said, I covered my mouth in embarrassment as I looked away from him. Great, now I sounded like I just complimented him even though I really did. 

"Yes" he nodded, looking completely natural. Natural not overwhelmed. My brows furrowed, "Is that why you said I'm going to fall in love with you?" I asked again. What am I even saying?