Light in the darkness

"Stop asking
me to trust you
while I'm still
coughing up water
from the last time
you let me drown."

-unknown

---------------------------

Chapter 11

Light in the darkness

I stood there, just frozen. My heart must be ripped at this point, with all the running it has been doing.

I noticed many of the people in the room were holding the same shiny metal device that Alfred was holding, in their hands.

I jumped as one of it vibrated and made a short weird sound. I jumped again, as I felt strong arms wrap around my waist, and Kane's deep chuckle, from where his head was placed on my shoulder.

I grimaced as one of his hands slid down to my stomach, as if I was already carrying his child. I squirmed out of his hold, as he laughed a laugh as genuine as his personality. "Sorry guys, she's just recently been mated and marked. We're expecting our first child soon, so she's a bit sensitive."

The room awwed and clapped in congratulation, as he wrapped his arms around me once again, with a firm and strong grip that said, don't even try.

As I tried relaxing in his suffocating grip, my mind registered all his words.

A mark? He marked me too?

I reached up to feel my neck, and there it was. I felt it. It felt like two holes, swollen shut, and it was sore to the touch. Noticing me touching his mark, Kane reached down and placed a gentle kiss on the mark. The room awwed again, as I felt the warmest feeling of pleasure emerging from the spot.

Strangely though, along with the pleasure, I felt the most excruciatingly painful feeling in my stomach. Immediately I crumbled with the pain, my arms wrapped tightly around my stomach.

Kane noticed my distress immediately, and picked my up bridal style, as he inspected my body for any injuries.

I didn't bother telling him that this pain was nothing, compared to the pain he caused me last night.

I curled up in his arms as the pain intensified. My stomach felt like it was being wrung by a strong fist, while simultaneously being stabbed with a knife.

I heard him growl, his eyes changing color, as his wolf sensed my distress.

I cried out, as the pain just kept increasing higher and higher. My cries turned into screams, as I felt Kane running through various corridors. He seemed to find the room he was looking for, as he burst into another ordinary looking room, and laid me down on the bed, where I then curled up into a fetal position.

I heard the door breaking open just seconds later, and heard Kane talking in a hurried and hushed voice to some one in the room.

"Alpha, her body is rejecting your mark and the baby, there is noth-"

"Well then, make her body not reject it, dammit!"

"Alpha, I have already informed you, the success rates of-"

"Don't you dare talk of it in front of her, if you want your fucking bald head to remain on your neck."