Finding her

"The pain never went away. I just got real good at hiding it."

- Unknown

---------------------------

𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞

𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕣

This is why I hate kids.

I've been roaming these endless woods for an eternity, searching for Eleanor.

And I'm pretty sure I've passed that same tree thrice now.

Pausing, I leaned down and pressed my palms into the now dry ground searching for any nearby body temperatures.

None.  Except for the small amount of body heat emitted from the small animals of the forest.

I did hear some ruffling nearby though. I swung around, only to find nobody there. Shrugging, I turned back, only to come face to snout with three werewolves.

Huh. I didn't think they were real. I remember Zaire occasionally mentioning them in between training. He kept blabbering about "mates" and what not, and to avoid contact with them at all costs.

The three wolves varied in colour. With the lightest one being a light caramel colour and the darkest one being a deep shade of brown. The third wolf was pure white.

All of them looked quite beautiful. Like they were bred to be of the highest quality.

I wiggled my fingers as I felt body heat. One that was not high enough to be a werewolf's, or low enough to be a squirrel's.

To my absolute horror, in one of their jaws, was Eleanor. Though she seemed to be held on the gentlest way possible, like a wolf would hold a pup, I still shivered when I saw how close her delicate body was, to their sharp canines.

Eleanor seemed to have no problem being held in the jaws of an animal that was possibly ten times bigger than her. To be honest, this was the quietest she has ever been, so far.

She did not look in the best condition though. Her soft skin was covered in scratches, and dirt, and there was werewolf spit all over her. The small wings that had started to develop on her back, was torn in half.

The sound of a twig snapping, broke me out of my reverie.

I looked up just in time, to see the white wolf phasing into his human form. Though it was my first time seeing something so phenomenal, I was used to seeing stranger things at the agency.

The man in front of me, did not seem to appreciate my presence. His mouth was twisted into the start of a snarl. He did not look as bad as how Zaire described them to me though. His face looked oddly pretty for a male, with long eyelashes any girl would be jealous of. His hair was the lightest shade of blonde, and it seemed to glow in the sun. His eyes were surprisingly a deep shade of brown.

Werewolfs, are known for their light colored eyes, though it is not rare to find one with a darker shade.

The other two remained in their wolf forms.

"You have five minutes to state why and how you are in our territory, human." His gruff voice stated.

I raised my head to look up at him. Shaking my head, I pointed at Eleanor and said, " I am sorry. If you give me my child, I will be on my way."

The man started laughing like I had just said the funniest joke in the world. The wolfs behind him too, seemed to be grinning up at me.

The man turned towards what I assumed was his friends, with one hand wrapped around his stomach and an ugly smile pasted on his face.