Chapter 10 - The rescue mission: Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Of course I want to save her! Fine... I'll go with Malfoy, but just because that way I can watch him and you and Ron will be safe," Harry agreed.

"That way you can watch me? How disgusting!" Draco complained.

"You know what I meant, jerk," Harry answered and glared at Draco.

"You need to tolerate each other if you're planning to succeed, okay? Just try, for (Y/n)..." Hermione begged. Neither one of them answered, they just both glared at each other.

"So, are we going or what?" Draco asked impatienly while glaring at Harry.

"But the letter said 'tomorrow night'," Ron pointed out.

"Like I care about that fucking letter! I'm definitely not waiting for tomorrow, I don't want (Y/n) to be in there any longer!" Draco lost his temper.   

"Would be nice to get my wand first," Harry snapped. "Let's gather the stuff we need with us and meet here in ten minutes," he instructed and went to his dormitory. Draco did the same. Ron and Hermione turned to look each other as they watched Harry and Draco leaving to prepare for their trip.

"Is this a bad idea or a very bad idea?" Ron asked worriedly.

"A very bad," Hermione answered quietly.

After ten minutes:

Draco and Harry came back to Ron and Hermione. They both had backpacks with them and wands and broomsticks in their hands. Harry and Draco had to fly to Malfoy Manor. Apparation wasn't an option as they were both still underage and didn't have the permission to apparate. The last thing they wanted was problems with Ministry of Magic. 

Luckily, everyone were at Great Hall having dinner so Draco and Harry didn't get caught with broomsticks in their hands and ready to leave. Hermione and Ron had waited for them so they could say goodbye.

"Please, be careful," Hermione said to Harry and rushed to hug him. Harry nodded.

"And don't do anything stupid! Malfoy, you too," she continued and glanced at Draco.  Draco just rolled his eyes and mumbled something.                

"Good luck", Ron wished.

After that Harry and Draco turned to leave. As they walked outside Harry started planning:

"We'll start flying right after we get out of the school grounds. We need to land somewhere near the Manor but not too close. They are not expecting me to come until tomorrow so we can do a sneak attack," Harry explained to Draco. 

"In case you forgot, I LIVE there, Potter. I don't need advice from you," Draco snapped.

"If we're ever going to pull this off we need to know what we're doing!" Harry answered raising his voice.

"Exactly, and I know what I'm doing. Do you, Potter?" Draco asked sarcastically. Harry didn't bother to answer. They were now outside the school grounds so they got on their brooms and took off.          

At the Manor:

Harry and Draco had landed near the Manor. It was already dark and they didn't see anybody so they decided to move closer. They hid behind a bush so they could observe the situation.

"Ouch!" Harry whined as he placed his broomstick on the ground. He got a splinter in his finger. 

"What's wrong Scarhead? Did the bush attack?" Draco teased.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry answered tiredly. Harry knew Draco was trying to irritate him on purpose.             

"So, Malfoy, because you live here you can probably tell how we can get in without anyone noticing us," Harry suggested. Draco rolled his eyes.

"There is no 'we' getting in. You wait here while I go inside and find (Y/n)," Draco told Harry.

"No way! (Y/n) is my girlfriend and if someone's going to save her, it's going to be me," Harry insisted.

"Oh, is she really? Have you even asked her if she still wants to be with you or not? Based on what I've seen and heard, she doesn't even want to see you," Draco answered and smirked which he knew would irritate Harry. Harry was going to answer something but then they heard voices. Some people came out of the Manor and were now talking at the front door. There were two men. One of them was Lucius Malfoy, whose long, blond hair was very recognizable.

"That's my father," Draco said and pointed at Lucius. "But who is that...?" he asked referring to the other man.

"Is that..." Harry started.

"Voldemort," Draco ended his sentence.