Author's Note || Final Thank You!

hello! welcome to my author's note. this is my last one. *sigh*

if you just came to get clarification on the last chapter because you're confused and don't wanna read my mushy improvement thank you stuff, please skip to the bold text.

thank you sooooooooooo much for reading dancing to the answers. I'm really sad to see it ending, but you all make me so happy when I see lots of new comments, votes, and reads. thank you a lot.

this is my second fanfic, and I've definitely grown a lot since the first. (check that one out btw!)

there were only 9 chapters (which still isn't that much of an improvement lol) and they were so short and choppy. I don't even know how it got to 600 reads.

it was terrible.

I'm glad to see this one getting reads so much more rapidly and way more votes and comments. it means a lot, thank you, and I love coming on to like 12 new notifications and seeing people went back and voted for every chapter. thank you so much.

no joke. I posted chapter 15, left for like an hour, and came back with almost 40 new reads. that's amazing! I almost have as many reads as my first story!

with all of that mushy stuff said, I'm going to explain the last chapter.

Maddie's dream is an example of precognition. just in case you didn't look it up:

precognition-basically having a dream that becomes reality in the future. seeing into the future in a dream. dreams that "come true"

this is the sequence of events:

1) Maddie has a dream about the future, where it was several months after she supposedly killed Abby. that was where she and the girls played the game to discover the seven secrets. the dream occurred before any of it actually happened, though.

2) Maddie wakes up from her dream in the last chapter, and attends dance where she kills Abby. Abby revealed the pyramid, which was the same as the one on the mirror in chapter 4. Nia called it "the last pyramid". Abby gave Maddie an acro solo in the final chapter, which she was practicing when she killed Abby (chapter 15 flashback).

3) several months later, Maddie's dream becomes reality. all the stuff in Maddie's dream actually happened, but not in the book. what you were reading was her dream, until the very last chapter.

soooo idk if I helped or confused you more, shoot a comment if you have a question and I'll be happy to clarify. maybe you're better off forgetting what I just told you and just reread the last chapter. 😂 thanks again so much for reading, I've had an awesome time writing, thank you all so much!

(ps, I started writing a sequel, don't forget to read it! it's called turning tables. it focuses more on Maddie's precognition, and ABBY IS BACK OH YEAH YOU HEARD ME. go check it out!)

-cai the SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW IM SO SAD bae ♡♡

BUT SERIOUSLY IM GOING TO A NEW SCHOOL AND I HAVE TO GET UP AT 5:30 SOMEONE COMFORT ME PLZ

okay goodbye (: