Chapter 2 || Reunion

The seven girls squealed and cheered as they saw each other for the first time in at least 5 years. All of them had accepted the invitation and flown out to Pittsburgh, which is where we are in our story.

"Paige, you're so tall!" exclaimed Chloe, enveloping her in a ginormous hug.

"I missed you, Chlo," she giggled. "How's Australia?"

The smile instantly disappeared from Chloe's face. Sydney had been nothing but terrible to her, and she missed her cozy Pennsylvania home more than anything.

"It's good," she lied, plastering a fake smile on her face, before saying goodbye and drifting off to greet the others.

"Kendall!" she cried, making her way over to the stunning brunette. She nearly caused the tall girl to topple over from practically jumping on her in excitement.

"Woah there," she giggled. "this is a designer dress." Once Chloe climbed off of Kendall, she engulfed her in a delicate hug, careful not to wrinkle her outfit.

"You look.....amazing," Chloe remarked in awe.

"Thanks, dear." Kendall decided, after high school, she would become a model. After all, everyone told her she had "the model look".

She told this to Chloe, who nodded in agreement. "You'll make a great model," she smiled, before going to greet Nia.

"Nia Bear!" she screamed, running over to her. She hadn't changed much, except for the fact that she was the same age as her and was already in college. They made small conversation, caught up with each other, and exchanged compliments before Chloe was off, once again, to the next girl.

She walked up to Maddie, who didn't look engaged in anyone's conversation, she was kind of off by herself.

"Hey Maddie," Chloe greeted, smiling at the timid girl.

"Hi, Chlo," she softly spoke, giving a shy wave. Chloe moved closer to Maddie and pulled her into a gentle hug, and she could feel Maddie tense up. Noticing her discomfort, she pulled away.

"What's up?" the blonde spoke, trying hard to make conversation.

"Not much," she lied. "Same old, same old. How's Australia?"

"Okay," Chloe nodded, "Nice to see you again." She gave Maddie a small smile before shuffling off to greet the remaining two girls.

"Hey Kenzie, I love your hair like that!" Chloe exclaimed, taking in the girl before her. The dancer who once made a debut single about a sleepover and did solos that Abby labeled as "cutesy" was now decked out in all black, from her clothing to her nails to her hair, which was black with purple streaks.

"Thanks," Kenzie replied, smiling widely. She may have looked different, but on the inside it was still the same happy, cheery girl.

Checking the time, Chloe sighed. It was 11:56, and the girls were expected to be entering the doors of the ALDC at exactly noon. "I'm running a bit tight on time, Kenz. I still have one more person to visit, I'll see you later."

The last girl she visited gave her the biggest shock of all.

"B-Brooke, what happened?"

The once cheery teenager she danced with long ago had now become an adult looking figure, with messy hair, pale skin, and bags so dark it looked like she had been punched.

"College happened," she answered in a raspy voice, placing a cold hand on Chloe's shoulder.

Before she could ask anymore questions, the girls were shuffling into the Abby Lee Dance Company, leaving Chloe confused and alone. Quickly, she ran to catch up with the others.

What did Brooke mean by that?

--

Little did Chloe know that by that one statement, she was closer to figuring out Brooke's terrible secret, and possibly who killed Abby.

--

author's note: heyyyyy! I'm literally so excited because I finally figured out how to out gifs in YAY. so bear with me and my random gifs. for this chapter it might help to go back and read the introduction, cuz the personalities might be a bit fuzzy by now. okay thanks for reading, the real drama starts in the next chapter ◡̈