Chapter 8 || The Accident

Paige knew exactly why she was hit. And the even scarier thing was, the driver was trying to kill her.

It made perfect sense. In The Last Text, the girls get into a car accident from texting and driving; Paige dropped her phone, and was hit. Years ago, when the accident happened, it went down almost exactly the same, except Abby didn't drop her phone, and it was Paige in the car.

Flashback, two years ago

Paige knew what she had to do. Abby had crossed the line, and she deserved to pay.

"Mom, I'm going to the library to study," she squeaked, dishonesty seeping through her somewhat innocent voice.

Her mother nodded, and with shaking hands, Paige grabbed her car keys. She checked the time, and the digital oven clock read 8:57.

Abby left at 9:00. She would really have to hurry if she was going to catch her leaving.

Paige hurried to the car, putting it in ignition. She sped out of the driveway, heading towards the ALDC.

Paige wasn't a daredevil. She had good grades, and was considered a goody-two-shoes. The only thing that stopped her from turning around and going home was the image of her deceased father flashing in her head.

She turned on the radio softly to drone out her thoughts. She watched as the lights of the city blurred in her view, due to the speeding car she was driving.

Hands shaking, she clutched the steering wheel with white knuckles and made a left turn into the parking lot of the Abby Lee Dance Company, a place that was like a second home to her.

Although, after what she was about to do, she hoped to never come in contact with the white brick building again. She just wouldn't be able to handle it.

Paige turned into an empty parking spot, waiting to strike. She checked the digital clock on the dashboard, and the time 9:03 flashed back at her. It was fortunate that she lived so close to the studio.

Just then, she barely made out a black figure in the dark as her eyes adjusted.

Paige took in a shaky breath, remembering why she was doing this. Hitting the gas, she bashed her white Buick into Abby Lee Miller.

(End of flashback)

Paige shuddered, suddenly sitting up in a white bed with clean, crisp sheets. She assumed that the accident had put her in the hospital, and when she took in breaths her ribs ached. Looking down, she noticed a row of stitches, keeping a gash together, on her arm.

Paige felt at peace, closing her eyes. That was before she registered that she was in the hospital, she was almost killed, and she was a murderer.

Paige killed Abby.

--

Now, I could tell you that was true, my friend, but then we wouldn't have the rest of the story to tell, would we?

Paige never checked to see if Abby was alive after she hit her. So if she actually did it, well, that's for me to know and you to find out.

--

author's note: I'm revealing too many of the girls' secrets lol whoops. I'll update tomorrow, thanks for all the reads/comments! yayyyy

-caidawg ♡