Chapter 6 || Brooke's Secret

Brooke had to sneak outside to smoke. She was itching for the sense of peace the drugs brought her, and the only drug she was able to sneak was in her pipe. With the other girls around, it would be too risky to bring along the rest where they would be in anyone's reach.

However, when Brooke heard someone calling her name, she knew her secret was no longer safe.

"I knew it," the voice behind her sneered. Brooke dropped the drug out of fright, and whipped around to find Maddie looking at her in disgust.

"Maddie, please-"

"Don't tell anyone? Oh, I won't, Brooke, you know what they say, secrets keep us closer," she replied, a wicked grin taking over her face.

Brooke gasped. What happened to the quiet, innocent Maddie that the girls had arrived to?

"No, they don't," she spat.

"Oh, but they do," Maddie retorted. "Your secret isn't the only one I know."

Brooke ignored her and the fear that was beginning to bubble inside of her. "What happened to you, Maddie?"

The grin on Maddie's face faded. "Five years happened, Brooke. I mean, isn't it obvious, look at you," she replied, motioning to the worn out brunette in front of her.

Uncomfortable silence fell between the two for several seconds, before Brooke spoke up. "Our food is probably here, we should get back inside."

Without waiting to hear Maddie's reply, she quickly began towards the small café. That was, until she heard an icy voice in her ear, speaking six words that made her blood run cold. She and Maddie were the only ones outside, it had to be her.

"I know who the murderer is."

--

Oh indeed, Maddie does know who the murderer is, but it's not Brooke.

It's not Brooke, well, because Brooke is a drug addict.

--

author's note: the cat is out of the bag! that eliminates Brooke, you'll find out more about her addiction later in the story. sorry for this short chapter, I had to get out three things: 1, Brooke is not a murderer, 2, Maddie knows a lot more than she should, and 3, Brooke's secret is that she's a drug addict. thank you for all the votes, comments, and new followers. I'll update with a longer chapter later. love you all!

-cai the bae