Chapter 10 || Thinking

Nia couldn't sleep. It had been a difficult task to sleep ever since she began, er, breaking the law. Since she spent most of her hours awake, she had plenty of time to sort through any messes she was battling in her life at the time.

It's 2:02 in the morning, and you're in the Abby Lee Dance Company. Everyone is sleeping except for you and Chloe. Chloe just got up and left the room. A loud bang just came from inside the studio.

Nia was very overwhelmed because she had figured out the clues. It also made her afraid due to figuring out the dangerous people she was up against.

She couldn't put a face to every clue yet, but it was progress, and she was getting closer to figuring out who was the murderer. Nia decided not to tell the girls, and if she could figure things out for herself and distance herself from the ones who seemed the most dangerous, she would tell them at the right time.

Which was definitely not now.

Since the first clue, Nia had immediately determined the meaning. It was clever, but far too easy, in her opinion.

The black paper was symbolizing blackmail, she had discovered, the hanging doll with a duct taped mouth meant she was facing a kidnapper. Paige was obviously hit on purpose, meaning it was her clue, and her clue had something to do with a car accident. It was too obvious to be a murder, however.

Chloe's clue, the most recent of all, was so simple Nia almost giggled at the thought of it. Her sleeping bag was positioned next to the blonde's, so she saw everything on the camera. The camera, it was obviously tossed at Chloe, so it was her clue.

The three pictures could only mean one thing. The first one showed a window, the second was a baseball bat, and the last one was a broken window.

The routine Chloe repeated when she broke into various houses. Yes, you heard right, that was Chloe's crime, breaking into houses.

Someone was a blackmailer, someone was a kidnapper, Paige hit someone with a car, and Chloe broke into houses.

Nia was getting one step closer to the answers she needed.

--

author's note: it's unthinkable that my first story ended after 9 chapters. this one had already come farther than that, and I still have a long way to go to the end, and it took forever to write that first story, but with this one the ideas kind of just come. wow. thank you guys so much for all your support. I'll update again at 200 reads, hope you enjoyed this mini secret-revealing chapter! xo

-cai the bae

(ps, don't mind the gif I had to put it in sorry lol)