"Yeah..."

"Sorry, you know how excited I get over new technology."  She raised her hand to his cheek and ran her fingers along his bearded chin.  "Dreaming about your brother again?"

"What else do I dream about nowadays?"

"Taylor."

Liam shook his head.  "One day I'm going to stop telling you my secrets."

"Then who will you talk to?"  When Liam didn't respond she continued.  "Talk to me."

"It was Daschshund Colony... but different.  Lance was wounded, and I had to save him.  In reality it was the other way around.  He saved me, the unit, and the colony.  Took out a BACK with two grenades and a rifle."  Liam closed his eyes, and again he was in the dream colony fighting dream militia.  "In the dream, I did everything I could, but I still lost him in the end."

"Well it was only a dream."  Patricia sat up half on the bed and half in his lap.  "First, I won't try to unpack all of the symbolism, but I will say you should speak to Dr. Ho.  The pressure of holding all of this, all of us together might be weighing on you.  Second, If this Pale Garden agent, Lord Scorpion, is who you think he is then Lance isn't gone.  We can get him back."

Liam leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Patricia's waist.  They'd been close ever since that fateful day six years earlier when he and Scott stumbled into her apartment.  They'd both been infected with the R.Nano, and could barely think straight.  The nano was pulling them towards The Pale Garden, and only sheer will kept the voice in their head at bay.  Liam didn't know the siblings at all, but he put his trust in the brilliant felarnian girl.  Patricia saved his mind, and helped him find purpose in a universe without his younger brother.  In the Felinus siblings he found a new family.

He squeezed her tightly, her fur a comfort against his skin..

"If it's him, it changes everything."

"Will this war be over for you?"

"Never.  Belladonna needs to be stopped, and The Earth Conglomerate can't do it alone.  Before the explosion they took him for a second dose of the nano bath.  He'd be twice as strong as us, and who knows what his R.Nano can do... The Pale Garden wouldn't stand a chance."

"So you intend to stay even if it is him?  Scott's convinced you'll leave us."

"We started this together, and I intend to see this to the end."

"I told him you'd say that... what's the matter?"

Liam eased away, turning so his legs hung off the side of the bed.

"You're naked again."

"What is it with you humans and nudity?  You're born more naked than we are. No fur, very little hair.  I can out crack super thinkers with one hand, but I'll never understand why a naked body scares you."

"I'm not scared."

"I can see that," she purred with a suggestive glance at his shorts.

She moved towards him on all fours.  Patricia licked his cheek, one quick motion, the felarnian equivalent to a gentle kiss.

"That isn't fair.  I can't control how my body reacts."

"More like you can't hide your feelings."  She kissed him to silence his response.  "I'm just messing with you.  Figured you could use the distraction."

Patricia rolled over and stretched out.  Liam looked away as heat burned his cheeks and other places.  She looked up at him, and winked.  He grabbed a pillow and gave her a few good swats about the head.  She used his blanket to protect herself, all the while laughing and hissing.