Instead, when she forcefully turned to face his pale complexion, she noticed him playfully making an aggravated face at his Beta, before breaking into a smirk. His thick shock of silky dark hair fell slightly tousled over his milky face, his high cheekbones and muscular jawline and chin that fell nothing short but of a sculptor's dream.

Steph's hazel eyes glimmered as he noticed Lolita marvelling over his Alpha, he attempted to push the tall figure closer to the princess but despite his efforts, the stiff sculpture did not shift. Instead, the Beta grabbed Lolita and pulled her towards Damien before grinning and instantly disappearing.

Lolita felt the intensity of his chilling composure consume her. His demeaning expression caused her to shudder, but she did not show any sign of weakness. Challengingly looking straight into his blue eyes, she mimicked his previous forced smile which only earned her a faint chuckle.

"I like you" Her companion proclaimed "You're different" Lolita had sworn there was a flush of relief spread across his defined features before he flashed out his arm, signalling her to take it. What did he mean by different? She pondered.

When they had reached the dancing couples, Lolita felt weak, his muscular arm wrapped armed her petite arm caused her knees to feel weak from the heat of Damien's touch when he let go, Lolita felt empty, as if a piece of her was missing. She wondered when they would address this issue, although it was clear that Damien knew, as she noticed him frown slightly and instantly hold on her again; they still had not spoken of this.

Swaying backwards and forwards to the melancholy music, Lolita focused on each step carefully attempting to forget about the burning feeling on her back where one of Damien's long slender hand lay, the other, wrapped around her own, setting fireworks off in her stomach, her other hand rest gently on his shoulder, almost hovering afraid to come in contact with the muscular surface.

"Why are you here?" Lolita could not force herself to stop these words rambling out of her mouth, but the silence which followed caused her to regret this.

"Business" The corners of his sensual pink lips turning up into the most genuine smile Lolita had seen him produce which only enhancing his dauntingly handsome features.

"What kind of business?" Asked the princess shooting him a quizzical look.

He leaned in closer causing Lolita's breathing to hitch as she felt his face pressing against her hair and his warm breath lap against her cold skin "Well princess, I'm here to take down the big bad wolf"

"You mean, the one who attacked my friends and me?"

"Yes" He soon returned back to his original place causing Lolita to miss his warmth.

"Well, you missed your chance. After the previous event, I doubt he would be brain dead enough to show up here, all the packs, Alphas and most powerful wolves are here"

Damien smirked at this "Well you know Alphas, their lack of brain cells and animalistic nature means they don't really consider these things"

This caused Lolita to raise one of her eyebrow, a skill she had acquired from her mother and was extremely proud of. "You're an Alpha"

"I know" Replied the handsome wolf playfully, mirroring Lolita's expression. "And I acted out impulsively when I chased after him alone. I should've made sure you and your friends returned home safely.

"You were there?"

"Who else do you think saved you from that filthy rouge?" Damien flashed another smile while simultaneously winking.

Lolita felt a rush of emotions attack her. Of course, this explained why his voice seemed so soothingly familiar, relaxing a little at his lack of formality and previous cold composure, she spoke "From the Alpha of darkness to a knight in shining armour" making sure to roll her eyes at the end.

"Seems to me like you don't seem like the type to want saving"

"Why did you?"

Damien's piercing gaze soon fell to the ground, his voice wavering "To be honest, I don't know, I felt an all-consuming urge to protect you and it just sort of took over me." He slowly looked back up at the exquisite girl "Us Alphas' huh" He smiled causing Lolita to smile.

"Well, we know what that urge was now" She felt the Alpha stiffen as she spoke these words. An awkward, daunting silence overcoming them. She wanted to pull away now, the embarrassment of mentioning the mate bond flooding her but when she tugged away, Damien only pulled her closer, he now wrapped both his hands around her waist before placed Lolita's arms around his neck.

"Indeed, my little mate" he whispered causing Lolita to melt in his hold, they fit together perfectly, she rested her chin on his shoulder which closed any gap between the pair earning a muffled growl from Damien, despite every bone in his body which told him to pull away, he held onto his precious mate like she was his lifeline.

Lolita looked into the crowd until she saw a swarm of familiar faces with their jaws swung open; these faces consisted of Isaac, her mother and a few of her mother's friends. A wave of embarrassment filled her again as she realised what she was doing, but that did not give her any intentions of pulling away, instead, she nuzzled into the crook Damien's neck, they were inseparable, lost in the presence of each other.

However, the pair were forcefully sprung back into realisation with the crashing of the colossal chandelier, the sound which this emitted was enough to send swarms screaming, shards of glass flew in the air, Damien used his body to shield the petite girl, he was going to destroy whoever interrupted their bliss, a roaringly obstreperous growl sounded through the palace.

"Follow me." Commanded the now cold Alpha, Lolita was hesitant to look at him, his face now resembled what nightmares were made of.