chapter thirty one

David and Sophia were back in LA for the night before heading to the Keys. All of their friends were packing up to head over to the resort. Jason was even bringing his kids along so that he wouldn't have to be away from them for the new year. It was also David and Sophia's eight month anniversary. Their time together had flown before their eyes and Sophia hadn't realized the date until halfway through packing up their beach clothes.

"Wait, isn't today our anniversary?" David asked, popping his head out of his closet. Sophia looked up from her spot on the floor where she was playing with Apollo.

"Oh fuck. Is it? Holy shit we're the worst." She giggled, standing from the floor and dusting off her leggings. David approached her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close.

"I think it's just you that's the worst." He smirked, pulling a small box from his back pocket.

"Fuck, David! You remembered."

"I always remember."

"I'm so sorry." Sophia mumbled, shaking her head and looking down at her feet.

"You should be." He said dryly, turning away from her. He passed her the box and walked back to his closet.

"Are you actually mad?"

She sighed when she realized he was purposely ignoring her. She took a seat on the edge of his bed defeatedly. She opened the box half-heartedly, finding a note tucked inside. She pulled it out and rolled her eyes when she read it.

You're way too gullible.

"You're an asshole, Dobrik."

"I know!"

___

"Welcome kids! We're so excited to meet you all!" Sophia's dad yelled excitedly.

"Papi, stop!" Sophia groaned in embarrassment.

"I'm Jorge, my wife Carla and Sophia's sister Lucí are on the beach."

Her dad went and individually introduced himself to all of David's friends, which he thought was really nice. Sophia was mortified. After they all got their room keys, they headed towards their rooms. The hotel had booked them all in the same tower so they'd all be close to each other. Sophia and David walked into their room, setting down their bags before plopping onto the bed.

"Holy shit. The jet lag is already hitting me." Sophia mumbled, hiding her face in the pillow.

"Come on. Let's go swim." David smiled, kissing the side of her head before sliding out of bed.

They changed into their bathing suits and gathered their things. The beach was only a short walk away, and they ran into Trisha and Jason in the lobby.

"Hey, mom. Enjoying the resort?" Sophia wondered, hugging her tightly. She had grown a lot of love for Trisha since meeting her. She was just so generous and sweet.

"Yes! It's actually so nice. Your parents did a good job picking it out."

"We're heading down to the beach if you guys wanna come." David offered, ruffling his hair.

"We're gonna grab something to eat. We'll meet you down there later."

They made their way to the beach where Matt, Scotty, Zane, and Corinna we're laughing loudly. David had rented out a couple of beach bungalows for them to hang out in. Sophia's family had their own bungalow next to it where they were enjoying their lunch. David and Sophia ran over, greeting her mom and sister happily.

"David! I just saw your vlog. You post too late. Do you not sleep?" Lucí asked, crossing her arms as he chuckled.

"Sometimes it takes me a while to edit them!"

"You should help him so he can get some sleep." Lucí huffed, turning towards her sister.

"Alright Luci, I'll make sure to offer my editing services next time." Sophia giggled, pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

Everyone hit the water almost immediately. They were excited to be able to swim since they'd been in the cold for a while.

"I'm gonna grab a drink. Want anything?" Sophie asked, adjusting her bikini top carefully.

"I'll go with you." David shrugged, following her out towards the poolside bar.

They walked hand in hand, waving at their friends that were hanging around the area. They walked up to the bar and ordered their drinks, a margarita and a beer. They took them back to the bungalows and curled up on the small couch.

"This is honestly really great. Everyone is having such a good time. Thanks for inviting all of us." David said sincerely, pressing his lips against hers. She kissed him back, resting her hand on his chest. She moved down to his neck, kissing down from his jaw to his shoulder.

"Stop." He sucked in a breath as she started sucking on his neck.

"Something wrong?" She smirked, sitting up and purposely angling her chest into his line of sight.

"Fuck you, Sophie." He said shyly, Sophia bursting into laughter when she saw the bulge in his swim trunks.

"Have fun with that. Maybe I'm not the gullible one after all." She winked, pecking his lips lightly before running out to the water.

David groaned, laying back onto the couch with a huff. She was gonna pay for that.