chapter twenty six

David immediately knew something was up when his usually see-through door was covered in gift wrap. He pulled out his camera as Trish giggled excitedly behind him.

"Trisha, what the fuck is going on here?" David asked dramatically, pointing the camera and his phone flashlight at her.

"I don't know! Honestly."

Sophia was waiting on the other side of the door, Jason and Matt helping her film his reaction. They were all wearing matching Christmas elf onesies that Natalie had picked up on the way home. Sophia was never a huge fan of Christmas, but she knew it meant a lot to David and he was planning on having his house decorated anyways. David opened the door and arrived to All I Want For Christmas Is You blasting from his TV. The entire house was decorated, including stockings lined up along the wall with everyone's names, a fully decorated tree, and ribbons tied onto his light fixture over his pool table, He laughed loudly as he took it all in, filming every inch of the living area of his home.

"Which one of you did this?" He wondered, pointing the camera at Matt, Jason, and Sophia.

"Guilty." Sophia perked up, raising her hand in mock fright.

"You're grounded until Christmas. Go to your room!" David joked, the rest of them laughing as she stomped away dramatically.

"I hope you get nothing but coal in your stocking, asshole!" She yelled before slamming his door closed.

She emerged after her finished recording, continuing to film his reaction.

"Wait, so do you actually like it? I didn't ask."

"I love it! Are you kidding? These stockings are sick. Did you make them?" He smiled widely, crouching down and touching them carefully.

"Yeah, Marcie helped. She picked out a lot of the decorations but she had a staging today so she couldn't physically come set up."

"Thanks, baby. It looks really dope. I seriously love it." David smiled, pecking her lips lightly.

"You're all cutting that footage." Sophia warned, making them laugh as she turned off her camera.

"Give the people what they want!" Matt joked, rolling his eyes dramatically.

"I think it's a little soon for that." Sophia shook her head, making Trisha crack a smile.

They all took turns taking photos wearing the matching onesies, one with Sophia on Matt's back laughing, one with Trisha and Jason kissing, and one with Trisha and Sophia hugging. David changed into the onesie and came out, laughing excitedly as he posed.

"Aw, you look so cute." Trisha smiled, snapping a picture of him. Matt pulled out his camera and began taken his portraits that everyone loved so much.

David wrapped his arms around Sophia's waist, pulling her closer to his frame.

"Thank you for all of this. I swear, it's perfect. I can't believe you did this all for me."

"I know how you can make it up to me." Sophie smirked, holding up mistletoe above her head.

David laughed loudly before pressing his lips against hers. Matt snapped the photo quickly. Sophia asked him to take another with her kissing David's cheek so she could post it. She thought it would be a cute photo to promote her new video. Plus, she didn't have any pictures with him up on her Instagram. After a while, everyone headed out and left the two of them alone. They snuggled up in David's bed, cuddling as they watched The Grinch on his laptop.

"How come you love Christmas so much?" Sophia wondered, looking up at David.

"It's the one time of the year that things at home felt okay. My parents refused to let money trouble or family issues interfere with our Christmas."

"That's really sweet."

"I miss them." David admitted, rubbing her lower back absentmindedly.

"When am I gonna meet them?"

"When are we going on your trip to the Keys?"

"The 27th I think." Sophia shrugged, placing soft kisses on the side of his chest.

"Let's go to Vernon Hills for Christmas." David suggested, smiling widely.

"Sure. That actually sounds really fun. We're gonna need to go jacket shopping, though."

"I'll buy you the best jacket ever and I'll make sure you're warm."

"We're gonna need a lot more mistletoe." Sophia joked, giggling as he attacked her face with small kisses.