"I'm..." I get him to lie back from his fetal position. I take off he bandages, breathing heavily as tears stream past my cheeks. "Your doctor." I analyze the condition of his stitches. He's bleeding, and the stitches have reopened. I cover the wound with the bandages in my hands, and apply pressure directly. "Hold it!" I holler, facing him and directing my eyes toward his bandages.

He complies, yelling profanities in pain as he holds the bandages in place. I quickly stitch him up with the needle and thread I kept in my pocket, while he bites his lips to stop from yelling.

"I'm done." I kiss him, full on the lips, while he's looking at me in pain and confusion.

"What—

I kiss him again, shutting him up efficiently. He sighs, and kisses me back, grateful for the distraction. For a moment, I'm thankful that I didn't give him any painkillers or anesthesia. It felt good, kissing him after this long. It was only two weeks, but it felt like forever.

I cry in frustration, as I remember that at the moment, I'm not his wife, but a lonely doctor who is kissing him because I was attracted to him. He's only kissing me back because he's slightly infatuated with me, and because he thinks it's a good distraction.

My eyes widen as big as saucers, and I pull away, wiping my mouth. He looks at me as if I came from another planet. "Thank you, doctor.." his eyes fly to my chest, where my name tag is.

I quickly cover it. "M-mehra." I say, not revealing my true last name. My parent's last name or his name.
Whether he remembers me or not, I'm still his wife. I have to fix him. "Call me if you need me. I'll be right outside."

"No!" He says quickly, stretching his arm out to stop me. He clasps his hand onto my wrist, stopping me from exiting the room. "Stay. Please. I feel afraid, for some reason. Someone.. someone tried to kill me."

Turned away from him, it gave me a opportunity to rip my name tag from the Velcro. I do it as quietly as possible and shove it into my coat pocket. Brushing the tears of my face, I turn to face him. He looked afraid and was still clutching onto my wrist. He looks around the room, as if a killer is hiding in the shadows.

"I need a place to sleep. I haven't slept in days." I say, wanting to sleep beside him. I sound so desperate to my own ears, but my aching heart wants what it wants.

"You can sleep beside me. But don't.. don't touch me. I'm engaged." He says, as seriously as anyone could.

I want to laugh, but I can't since I'm curious about what his last memory was. "What do you remember?"

"I was following a girl I liked. She noticed and beat me up. And then, I fell off a... hill- No, a cliff. Never mind. I remember falling. Someone pushed me, but it wasn't the girl."

I remember him telling me that he stalked me once. "Did she look like me, the girl you followed?"

Recognition strikes him without warning. His eyes widen, and he frowns at me. "It was you! You beat me up!" He accuses, pointing a frail finger at me.

"I'm sorry." I say, trying not to laugh. Even though this was no laughing matter.
"I thought you were a stalker."

He smiles sheepishly, then winces and clutches his waist, unable to touch the wound directly.

"I am. Aren't I? I shouldn't have, since I'm already engaged to my Krithi."

"Krithi?" I ask, appalled.

"Yes. When we get married and she comes to know I've kissed a girl before, she will have my head!" He says, grinning like a fool.

"Do you what she looks like? Do you remember this, this, Krithi?" Why was I jealous of myself?

"I met her when she was a baby. I moved away, so I haven't seen her. Recently, my parents gave me pictures, but I didn't want to look. Her image will haunt me when she realizes that I like another girl."
It was funny. The girl he liked and the girl he was betrothed to were the same, yet, somehow he didn't realize the games fate was playing with him. It was comical to watch.

"Do you—sorry I'm prying—but do you want to marry her? The girl you like?" I realized the mistake in my question as soon as it left my mouth.

"You mean you? Now that I met you, and you beat me up before I met you properly, I don't think I will be happy with you. I've always known I was for Krithi."

"Oh." I say, pretending to look gloomy when I wanted to laugh my head off. I felt guilty, I should be rushing to take a MRI, and ordering nurses to take him to the operation theatre, but I can't help but think this is a start over; what it would have been like if we actually met in these circumstances and fallen in love all on our own without the meddling from our parents.

I kiss his cheek and lie beside him, and he makes room for me, without touching me. Oh, god. I love this Aniket even more. When he came in for a fertility test, he told me he was busy with other things, and that's why he was so innocent. Now I know that he was bluffing and was only trying to keep up his image. I wanted to hug the man in front of me, and tell him outright that I was his wife. But I wanted to see what else he was hiding from me.

"This was your first kiss?"

In midst of the all pain, his ears tint red. I smile at his cuteness. "No. I've kissed a girl before."

"Oh, really?" I ask. I don't know if he was lying to me now.

"A few days ago. Your friend? Alisha? She sits behind you on the bus? I kissed her. She told me the way you take to walk home."

I was fuming inside. As long as I knew, Alisha never even had her first kiss! I feel jealousy and betrayal brewing in my stomach, and I was going to puke.

That's why she seemed so stressed when the two met for a fertility test! They had kissed before and was trying to hide the fact from me. It was why she asked me if I was jealous. Alisha and Aniket had something going on.

"You mean, you seduced the information from my friend?"

Aniket puts more distance between us. "I'm sorry. It just happened. I'm guessing I was her first kiss too. She was nervous as hell. And it wasn't even a proper kiss. It only lasted a few seconds. Not as intense as the one you gave me a few minutes ago." He says, his nervous smile turning into a smirk.

I was so jealous of Alisha, I couldn't even speak. Aniket was right, I would behead him after he gains his memory.

What else was he hiding from me?

Aniket looks at my disheveled state, and seems to be confused, his eyebrows and eyes scrunching up as he analyzes me. I give him no time before I capture his lips again, hugging him to me. At first, he tries to resist but gives in as I trail my fingers down through his spine. He shivers and places his hands on my chest, trying to push me away. I moan at the touch without acknowledgement and go back to trailing kisses on his angular face. "Stop. Krithi."

I stop, looking at him. He said my name. Did he remember me now?

I stare at him, confused. "I have to be true to her."

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. I wanted to pound on his chest, and tell the idiot that it was okay. That I was Krithi. But I couldn't.

Curiosity kills the cat.

"Shut up, and kiss me, you idiot." He doesn't oblige, and I do it for him instead, rolling my eyes. My hormones were getting to me. I took my lab coat off and threw it across the room. When I was taking my shirt off, Aniket flipped us over.

I gasp in surprise. "I can't." He says, wheezing as he says the words.

Damn. He looked godly sitting above me. I bit my lip; clearly a girl couldn't tell you she wanted you any clearer than this.

This idiot. I climbed off the bed and positioned him comfortably before I found my white coat and wore it back on again.

A few minutes later, after he dozed off from exhaustion, I climbed in with him.

I hugged him closer to me. He was an idiot for refusing me.

My idiot.

**************************************