Chapter 3

Chapter 3 .......repeat please

So I spent the rest of my weekend in a funk and downgraded my slouch from jogging pants to jammy pants. To be more precise my Hello Kitty ones. I tried to tell myself to stop dwelling over Will he was just a waste of my time. That I deserved better and to just move on. Easier said than done when your quietly in love with someone. Come Monday morning work was a welcome distraction from my thoughts.

We were extremely busy with four important clients all coming in on one day. I was just getting the conference room ready for the Kellogg's account when one of the secretaries stuck their head in the door, "Hey Dee call for you on line three."

"Ok thanks," I said grabbing the phone. "Thank you for calling Baker and Romeo advertising Dee speaking how may I help you?"

"Yes hello Dee this is Dr. Rushtens Office calling to confirm an appointment for you." A females voice chirped through the phone.

I blanked for a moment. I had no doctors appointments and I had never heard of a Dr Rushten before. "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number."

I could hear the sound of a keyboard clicking as someone's fingers pushed the keys. "I'm looking for a Dee at 567-490-3361. A Will Casey asked us to schedule the appointment."

"Will made me an appointment? I'm sorry what kind of doctors office is this?" I was so confused.

"We are the chiropractic office located in The Century building just off of the square. Mr Casey has added you under his account. Did you want to go ahead and schedule an appointment.

I honestly didn't know what to say, "Can I get your number and possibly call you back."Grabbing a pen and paper I scrawled the number down.

Why had he called a chiropractor for me? It's not that I didn't remember our conversation from Friday night when Will asked if I needed one. It still didn't explain the reason behind why. He had washed his hands clean of me. Now suddenly he makes me an appointment. Knowing Will there was always a cost, a price to pay, an hidden agenda so I decided against calling back. Once again Will was on my mind when I should have been focused on my job. Over the past two weeks it was beginning to feel like some way or another Will had crossed my mind every day.

Things hadn't changed much by the time I had gotten home after work and things were about to implode further. I knew the girls were remaining relatively close with Will. This was a good thing and I knew it but there was going to be a few hiccups that I hadn't planed for. Such as the one Regan was about to drop on me.

I was reading a book when she came and cuddled with me. I knew something was on her mind it just took a bit to get it out of her. When she finally opened up her words slammed into me at a hundred miles an hour. "Mom can I ask you something?" Wrapping her arms around me she squeezed me tightly as she rested her head in the nook of my arm. "How would you feel if I said I wanted to invite Will to my play?"

Closing my eyes tightly as I thought god just strike me dead and get on with it. Regan had grown quite close with Will and I knew she missed him. I couldn't blame her for wanting to ask. Being the bigger adult and taking the high road I calmly asked, "Which night were you thinking?"

"I was going to say Friday but then he would be sitting alone." I tried not to roll my eyes. "So I thought if he came on Saturday he could sit with you."

I wanted to tell her that Friday would be better and not to worry Will would have some bimbo attached to him. I wanted to but I couldn't, "It's up to you I guess."

Reaching up she kissed me on the cheek, "Thanks mom I knew you would understand. I'll ask him this weekend when we go over." Snuggling in deeper it didn't take long for Regan to doze off.