Chapter 14

Kylie’s  POV :

I heard an annoying beeping noise not far away from where I lay. I had no idea where I was. All I knew was I had an immense headache , my throat felt sore and I couldn’t open my eyes. They were glued shut.

I tried moving my fingers to let the numbness pass. When I did so I heard a sharp intake of breath from somewhere near me. I heard a chair scrap back and then felt warm hand on my fingers. The touch sent jolt of electricity through me. I felt like I was hit by a live wire, but instead of getting fried and dying due to it I was consuming the heat making the headache somehow vanish.

Then the hand suddenly left my fingers and I felt completely empty. I heard a door open and close. Whoever was in the room has perhaps left. A few minutes of trying to regain my senses I heard the door open again but this time it didn’t close. I heard a lot of footsteps and murmurs entering the room. By now the numb feeling was gone , my headache was back but it was a mild one , but I still couldn’t open my eyes.

“okay kylie. Now if you can hear me try to wiggle or move your fingers” I heard a male voice say.

What was going on? Where was I ?

I did as I was told and I heard a squeak.

“oh my gosh. Is she going to be fine doctor? Why hasn’t she opened her eyes yet” I heard, whom is presume was Alice say.

Doctor? Why was I at a hospital or clinic or where-ever I am? What happened?

“Patience Alice.” The male voice , which now I knew was a doctor, said.

“okay kylie now very very slowly try to open your eyes. It may take a few minutes but you got to try okay? And do it slowly” the doctor instructed.

I tried opening my eyes and after like 5 minutes I was able to slowly open them. As I opened my eyes the white light blinded me so I shut it again. After few seconds I slowly opened them again , halfway through , waited for my eyes to get adjusted and then opened them fully .

I saw a man in white could standing near me with a gentle smile on his face. So he must be the doctor. Next to him Nora and Nick stood , followed by Nathan and Megan , Max and Maria, Diana , Alex and Lydia ,  Merissa and Zach and finally to my right Alice and Aaron. The girls all had wide grins on their faces and looked like the would leap at me any moment but all the guys had a strong grip on the girls’ hands. Though their faces looked happy all of them had this sad and painful expression in their eyes. I wonder what had happened. Almost everyone I cared about , with the exception of Hayden , was in this room , so I guess nothing bad happened during the war.

The war? Oh my god!  The war!!

I quickly got up but my shoulders were pushed down by the doctor and Alice.

“Guys what happened ? the fight ? is everyone okay ?” I asked feeling frightened all of a sudden.

When I said this Alice’s face fell while everyone else just looked sad.

“guys don’t give those looks. I can read you all perfectly well. What happened? Why aren’t you telling me anything? Is someone hurt ? everyone is…..fine..right? please guys I need to know.” I said looking at each of them.

Aaron cleared his throat. “umm….well….kyl….actually….ah….” Aaron stammered .

“what? everyone is okay right ?” then suddenly I got a flashback of the fight . A brown and red wolf , the celler , megan…..MEGAN.

“Oh my god!! Megan are you okay? Did they hurt you ? the kids and the ladies are all fine right?” I sat back up on a propped pillow that the doctor had placed.