1:18 - total

TW// torture, blood, etc

"This isn't right, Jamie."

Jamie spun around on the swivelling leather chair of the desk, to look at Alex who was stood at the door.
Alex was panting, and his back was hurting.

"This isn't right." The vampire repeated. "Miles getting bitten, Damian not coming back. This is strange."

"I agree." Jamie replied. "But there's not much we can do. Isn't it good Damian hasn't come back?"

"Perhaps he's moved on. That's all I'm praying for. But I'm more worried about Miles. Isn't it strange how he can see Matt, even though he's human? And who could've bitten him to turn him?"

Jamie thought for a moment, before standing up. "Do you think...perhaps there's something Miles isn't telling us?"

Alex froze. "What do you mean?"

"We don't know anything about him. We know his father was a vampire hunter and that Damian killed his father for not killing your parents. We know where he lives, and we know his name. We know the memories that we've had with him."

"Miles isn't a liar." Alex replied, firmly.

Jamie raised his hands in defence. "I'm not disputing that. But perhaps there's more he hasn't spoken of. More information that's useful."

Alex turned on his heel, running his hands through his greasy locks. "I'll try talking to him about it."

"Let me come with you." Jamie added. "I'll help."

The two men headed back to Alex and Miles' now shared bedroom, opening the door swiftly.
Miles was now sitting upright on the side of the bed, facing away. His shirt was removed and he had his head in his hands.

"Are you alright, my love?" Alex called to him.

Miles said nothing, he only quivered. Alex and Jamie rushed over to him. Alex kneeled down in front of his love. Miles' nose was dripping with blood. "What happened, Mi?"
Miles would not respond; he was crying and shaking in fear.
Alex cupped the man's cheeks. "Can you hear me, Miles?"

"He's in a trance, Al!" Jamie exclaimed. "He's having some sort of vision."

"Check on Nick for me, Jamie!" Alex demanded. Jamie instantly left the room.

Alex carefully examined Miles's face, before his eyes lowered down Miles' body. He noticed that now his hands were on his thighs, Miles' right leg was shaking furiously. Alex unzipped Miles' jeans, pulling them down to his knees. There were two vampire teeth marks on Miles' inner thigh, the place where blood was most delicious for vampires.

Questions circled Alex's mind. Who bit him on his leg? Why did they do it? When did it happen?
It must have happened a while ago for it to have spread to his whole body and cause him to turn.
All Alex had to do now was get Miles out of his trance.

Alex screamed Miles' name, shaking him vigorously, trying his best to get Miles to snap out of it. Nothing was working, as Miles continued to cry.
Jamie eventually returned with Nick.
Miles fell back on the bed, Alex's instant reaction was climbing up on top of him.

"He's going to die if we don't get him out of this!" Nick exclaimed.
Alex recalled back to when Miles helped Nick out of his trance. He hugged him and told him it would be okay.

The vampire threw his arms around Miles, sobbing into his chest. "Miles, I-I need you to hear me. It's going to be okay. Just hold out, and be strong. He'll go away, Mi, I promise. Be strong for me, Miles, okay? You can do that for me, can't you? Come on, baby. It's going to be okay. I-I love you, more than you'll ever know, Miles. I'd die for you. Please, block him out."

Miles' breathing slowed, as the blood from his nose stained his lips. Alex's breathing only quickened, as he pulled himself away from Miles' sticky chest and examined his face.

Miles' eyes opened in a flash, before darting around the room. His eyes found Alex, and in Alex he found comfort. He wrapped his arm around the vampire, who scooped him into an embrace. It was as if all the music in the world had stopped, and utter silence had fallen like a blanket.

"It's alright, darling, it was just a trance." Alex spoke in a hushed tone, careful not to frighten the poor man.

Miles sobbed quietly into Alex's chest, his body aching with every joint and muscle. There was nothing else to do. He merely sat and cried like he'd never cried before.

"Would you like some water, Mi?" Matt questioned. No one had seen the ghost walk in.

Miles nodded, not leaving Alex's warmth. Matt left immediately, leaving Jamie, Nick and the two lovers on the bed.

"What did you see, darling?" Alex questioned.

Miles looked up at him, his eyes bloodshot and hurt. "I don't know." He closed his strained eyes for a moment as he paused. "I saw red. I saw my father. I saw Damian...I saw you, Alex. There's something going on. I need to find out what it is. I don't know who I am, why can I see Matt if I'm human? Why did I get bitten by a vampire and why don't I remember it?"

Alex hushed the man. "Don't you worry about that right now, my love. Get some rest, and you'll feel better in the morning.

"I'm hungry." Miles groaned, laying back on the bed.

Alex stood up and covered Miles with the duvet like he was a child. "Okay. I'll get you something. Do yourself a favour and have a sleep." Alex pressed his lips to Miles' cheek and left the room, beckoning Jamie and Nick to follow him.

Nick shut the door on the way out. Alex ran his hands through his greasy brunette locks.

"I think I know who Miles is."