1:8 - heat of the moment

trigger warning: extreme swearing, violence

Alex's head was hurting. So was his stomach.

His eyes fluttered open, and he woke up to see Miles's face. The human's hand was rested on the skin between his shoulder and neck. Miles looked like he'd been crying.

"Mi!" Alex tried to sit up, but Miles pushed him down.

"No, Al, stay."

"I'm not a dog." Alex pouted. Miles giggled slightly, before brushing the vampire's hair away with his thumb.

"You need to wash your hair."

"I will. What happened? I must've passed out."

"Yeah, you did." Miles explained. "Then we got you back here, and got some blood in you. That's why you're attached to a drip right now."

"You saved my life, Miles."

Miles grinned bashfully. "No, William did."

"Yeah, but you found me. You helped me. You were there for me. What can I do to repay you?"

"Well..." Miles tapped his chin, "if the same happens to me, you need to be there for me."

"I promise." Alex whispered, taking Miles's hand that was on his cheek.

Miles pulled his hand away and drifted it down Alex's chest, slowly moving to the duvet and pulling it down gently. He looked down at the sore wound that was still healing.

"Oh, Al...I'm sorry this happened. I'll get Damian back for this."

"You won't. I'm not going to allow you to associate yourself with him ever again. You will never have to hear of him after this." Alex demanded.

"But I...I care about you." Miles muttered.

Alex almost choked. Miles cared. About him. This was a good day, even if Alex had been stabbed.

"I care about you too." Alex replied. "And I don't want you getting hurt like I did."

"It'll be worth it."

The door opened, and in came Nick, Jamie and Matt. All three of them looked scared as they walked closer to the bed, and went to comforting Alex.

A few hours later, Alex was able to get up and go to the toilet. Miles brought his dinner up to him on a tray, and sat on the end of the bed whilst the vampire ate.

"You never told me." Miles spoke suddenly.

"Told you what?" Alex questioned, shovelling some mashed potato into his mouth.

"You were going to tell me something, in case you...died. You didn't tell me." Miles explained.

Oh. That.

"It's irrelevant." Alex sighed, placing his tray on the bedside table. The vampire shakily stood up and walked to the other side of the room, grabbing his dressing gown and wrapping it around his body. "Heat of the moment. You know, Miles?"

Miles stood up and leaned against the end of the bed, his arms crossed over his chest. "No, Alex, I don't. I want you to tell me."

The two men were close. Alex studied Miles's face carefully, noticing the cracks in his small lips. He looked so kissable. Alex didn't understand this hunger he was craving. It wasn't like bloodlust and it wasn't like physical hunger. He couldn't describe it.

"Will you give me a moment?" Alex asked.

"Yeah?" Miles responded, confused.

Alex rushed out of the room, and headed to Jamie's bedroom. The door was closed, but he headed in straight away.