1:11 - dry

Alex woke, the sun beaming onto him through the thin sliver given through the curtains. He felt hotter than usual, when he realised the body of Miles was clinging onto him.

Their hair was curled from it being wet the night before, and their bodies were sweaty from staying close. Miles was curled into Alex in a fetal position, his legs wrapped around Alex's waist.

Alex groaned as he turned over, facing the human. He gently caressed the man's cheek, whose eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning." Alex mumbled, his eyes only half open.

Miles' lips tugged into a weak smile, as he squeezed Alex tighter. "I'll miss this."

"As will I."

Miles adjusted himself so he was more comfortable. "Did you kiss me while I was asleep?"

"Yes. I couldn't help myself." Alex giggled. The other man leaned in and let their lips touch, gliding his tongue immediately into Alex's mouth.

The vampire gladly accepted this, as he rolled over so his body was now on top of the human's, not breaking the kiss once. Miles began to laugh into the kiss, confusing Alex. He pulled away. "What's wrong?"

"Your beard." Miles chuckled. "It tickles."

Alex scratched his chin and smiled. "Sorry, love."

"I think we should go and check on Jamie. He should be out of bed by now, right?"

"Yes, hopefully." Alex sat up on the bed, holding Miles' hand and helping him out. "Come on, darling."

"Darling, eh? That's a new one." Miles smirked, as they walked to Alex's wardrobe.

"I have a long, mental list of names that I will be sure to try out."

The two men put on their underwear, before searching for clothes. Alex went with a plain, white button-up and a pair of burgundy jeans, whilst Miles chose a black button-up and matching jeans, as well as his leather jacket.

Jamie wasn't in his room, so the two boys walked down the stairwell together. Matt was leaning against the pool table, smirking at them.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Ghosts hear everything." Matt winked, before walking away.

Miles started laughing. It was quite funny, but Alex was slightly embarrassed that Matt had heard them the night before.

"Cheer up, darling." Miles imitated a posh voice. "At least it means we were loud enough."

"Ah, yes, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole city came knocking at our door." Alex agreed with the same accent.

The two men giggled like young girls, before Miles' gaze drifted to the front door. There was a case at the door, inside containing Miles' clean clothes that he came to the Turner House in.

Alex followed his gaze and sighed. As much as he needed Miles to leave so he didn't hurt him, he wanted Miles to stay. He felt human and normal whenever Miles was near, like he hadn't spent most of his life thirsting for blood. Like he was a new man. Only with Miles did he feel that.

"Alex," Miles said, placing his hands on the vampire's shoulders, "I need you to promise me something."

"Anything."

Miles took a deep breath. "Please promise me you'll come for me. No matter how long it takes, please, you have to write to me and I'll write back, and then when you're better you'll come back to me."

"I promise, Miles."

Miles reached in his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "It's my address. I wrote it yesterday. So you can write to me."

Alex received the paper and put it in his trouser pocket. "Miles, I want you to know something."

"Yeah?"

"When I first met you, I know I harmed you badly. But, if you think, if I hadn't done that, you wouldn't be here now." Alex said.

Miles grinned. "Thank you, Alex. For everything. Your hospitality, your love, everything."

"Thank you for loving me back." Alex whispered, once he'd buried his head in the man's shoulder, tears pricking at his eyes.

"Shh, don't cry." Miles soothed, rubbing circles on Alex's back with his fingers. "It's gonna be okay. Now, let's go and get something to eat."

Alex nodded and the two men headed to the dining room.

-

Nick, Matt and Jamie were also sad that Miles was leaving. As all five of them were sat around the table, they told him that they would miss him.

Alex was at the head of the table, Miles to his right and Jamie to his left. Matt next to Miles, and Nick next to Jamie. Matt gave Miles a tap on the shoulder.

"I've never seen Alex so happy when he's around you." Matt said quietly. "He's become so much happier and joyful, healthier too. You really brought out the best in him."

Miles didn't really know how to respond. "I guess...well, he needed it. I hope he stays happy, he really deserves to be happy. You all do."

When breakfast was over, it was time for Miles to leave. Everyone came to wish Miles goodbye. Alex watched Miles hug Matt, Nick and Jamie, before walking over to him by the door. Miles entwined his hands with Alex's and sighed.

"Remember your promise, Al." He said softly, squeezing his hands tightly.

"I will, Mi. I promise I will." Alex responded genuinely.

"I'm in love with you."

Alex's cheeks turned bright red, his eyes widening. His heart did flips before it melted, heat travelling through his body.

"I'm sorry, Al-"

"I'm in love with you too."

Miles made eye contact with the vampire and smiled. He wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, receiving it back. Alex made sure he was surrounded by the embrace so he felt loved and protected as Miles squeezed him tightly. The human pulled away just slightly, and brought Alex's lips to his.

At this point, they didn't care who was watching. They surrounded themselves with each other, Miles generously giving Alex his own play of dominance.

Miles pulled away first, frowning. Alex was doing the same. Neither of them knew how long it would be until they saw each other again.

"I'll see you soon, Alex." Miles said hopefully, before opening one of the large front doors.

Alex grabbed hold of Miles' sleeve. "Please take care. Be safe."

"I will, love. I promise."

Miles walked down the steps, Alex and the others watching him get into William's car. The car started, as Miles looked out the window at the man he loved.

The two men made eye contact, before the car started driving away. Alex waved quickly, before the car left his sight.