1:17 - serious commitment

Alex's back was still giving him some pain, but being able to walk slightly was better than staying in that damned wheelchair. Miles was spending a lot of time in bed, groaning and twisting. Alex often came to give him painkillers, but the problem was much bigger than that. Paranormal activity versus the chemist's medicine.

Miles eventually stayed in bed all day. Maids would bring him up food but he rarely ate. Alex often had to feed him so he would get something inside him.

One day, Alex was gazing out of the window, late in the evening, as Miles ate soup, something that was easy to eat.

"Al?"

"Yeah, love?" Alex replied.

"I'm sorry."

Alex tutted and walked over to the man, perching at his side. "There's no need to apologise. At least you're eating now. That's good, isn't it?"

Miles nodded. "How's your back?"

"Still hurts like a bastard. Not as bad as it was." Alex traced the soft velvet of the sheets covering Miles' slim body.

"Al?" Miles repeated.

Alex raised his eyebrows, waiting for the man to continue. Miles reached under the covers and pulled out a black box. "This was my dad's. I want you to have it."

Alex carefully examined the tiny box, engraved with intricate silver patterns. He opened the small object, instantly gasping when he saw the golden loop inside. Miles smiled sweetly at him, watching him gape in awe.

"Miles, it's so pretty."

"I think he would've liked you. And I want you to have it. It's just like a wedding ring."

"It's lovely. Thank you, Mi." Alex carefully pulled out the heavy golden ring and slid it on his wedding finger, refusing to rip his eyes away from it.

All of a sudden, Miles whined in pain. Alex instantly grabbed the bowl he was holding and placed it aside. "Are you alright?"

"I'm-I'm fine. My teeth." Miles grimaced.

"Let me have a look."

Miles opened his mouth and let Alex look at his teeth. The fangs Miles was growing were more protruded and sharper. You could cut your finger on one.

"I'll find out what's happening, one way or another." Alex stood hastily and went to walk out of the room. Miles grabbed onto his wrist.

"Where are you going?" He questioned.

"Nowhere, love." Alex was lying. He planned on finding Damian's spirit, and hopefully killing it.

"Please, I know you're lying. Don't leave me."

Alex sighed, staring down at Miles. He didn't want to go and leave him, but he also wanted to find the spirit.

"I have to."

"No, you don't." At this point, Miles was holding both of Alex's hands from the bed. "You can stay with me. We don't have to worry about anything after this, you know."

"What about Damian? He could come back, and maybe hurt us more."

"He can't. I won't let him."

"Miles, trust me. I...I need to think."

Miles sat back and let a tear in his eye roll down his cheek. "You know I love you, yeah?"

Alex sat back down beside him and kissed his forehead gently. "I do."

"And I'll call you my husband."

Alex smirked. "I'd love that."

"And you have to do the same." Miles emphasised his point.

"Of course." Alex giggled.

Miles cupped Alex's cheeks and pulled him down, eagerly colliding their lips. The two men made out passionately, avoiding fangs but the complete opposite with their saliva and tongues. Alex didn't know how he could leave after this.

Miles softly pulled away and looked up at the face of Alex, inches away.

"I'd die for you."

Alex couldn't respond to that. It seemed like a serious commitment. He shook the thought away and gave Miles' lips a chaste kiss.

"I'll be back in a moment."

"I'll be waiting, Turner." Miles raised an eyebrow at the man, who walked out of the room.