7

It’s 9 AM and Katsuki hasn’t wake up from his slumber. Well he clearly needs sleep since he did go plus ultra for days. It’s the sixth day -9th December- and he’s almost finish; only 5 more to go. Maybe the taller male can do it in a day and then the phantom will disappear.

  Will he stay in his mind though? Will he remembers him as a translucent male who disturb his life when he see Izuku? Will there be any change in their relationship? Whatever tomorrow brings, he’ll just stick to today and treasure his time.

  Katsuki stirred up a bit when sunlight touched his face gently, and it doesn’t take long for him to awake. There’s no scowl on his feature, just half opened eyes and chapped pink lips –which Izuku think is cute and he wish he can take a picture of Katsuki now.

“Morning, Kacchan!”

“Morning..”

  The freckled male follows him to the kitchen, where Katsuki’s parents are. Everything is the same; they go with their routines –coffee for Katsuki and Mitsuki, and breakfast with bacon and eggs. That’s until the young Bakugou says something.

“Where’s the Christmas tree? I thought you’re always festive about this, old hag.”

Mitsuki almost spit her coffee. “The fuck? What’s gotten into you, Katsuki?”

“Me? You’re the one who’s being weird.”

  “Masaru, we really need to take him to see a doctor. I guess he just bumped his head or something.”

“The fuck are you saying, old hag!”

  “Now now, we don’t need to do anything of that. We should decorate the house today since Katsuki is asking about it.” Masaru calmly said.

~****~

  The Christmas tree is in the attic, covered with dust. It’s still big, even though Katsuki already grown up –but now he can lift it alone. While he’s cleaning the tree, Izuku watches him from behind with curiosity.

“Kacchan, don’t you hate Christmas?” the phantom asked.

“I do.”

“Then why did you ask about it?”

“..I just want to.” The blonde ash male answered.

  The translucent male respond it with a hum, clearly noticed the blonde ash male’s hesitant from answering him. Did he plan on something again? Izuku can only hope it’s not stupid like the last time.

“I’m thinking about helping you, shitty nerd..”

Izuku’s interest suddenly flared up.

“So you just see how it’ll go tonight. Just hope everything won’t be fucking bad because of you.”

  Izuku can’t help but feel anxious about tonight.

~****~

  It’s 8 PM and the Midoriyas are here. Inko happily get along with Katsuki’s parents, and Izuku is stuck with his childhood friend. It’s not like Katsuki to be gentle, but he tried –and it clearly makes the freckled male nervous even more.

  “K-Kacchan, a-are you okay? Y-You seems to be n-not like yourself today..”

“Me? Nah, I’m fine. How about you, De- Izuku?"

“M-M-Me? I-I’m fine..”

  The translucent Izuku is now very jealous with himself. He can only witness himself getting called by Katsuki with his first name! That’s unfair!

“H-How’s your Christmas preparation going?” Katsuki asked while stuttering a bit.

“U-Um… I-It’s going well, I-I think?”

“That’s good..”

  An uncomfortable silence fall upon them. Katsuki is actually wrecking his brain to get a nice topic where he won’t yell or cuss in front of Izuku. Even though he’s not used to that, he
believed that it’s the most effective way to crack the nerd up. He can’t help him if he doesn’t know what’s bothering him. All this time, it’s them who came to Katsuki, now it’s time for him to get the ball on his own. But he never thought it’s going to be this hard for him.

“K-Kacchan, you shouldn’t a-act like that..”

“..Huh?”

“You shouldn’t act to be nice t-to me. I-I know that you hate me, t-that you only see me as a rival. S-Seeing you like that, also makes me u-uncomfortable.”

  So he was wrong? Then what should he do? If violence can’t make him open his door, then he should knock it right? But what’s Izuku talking about? He’s uncomfortable with his effort to help him?

“Then Deku, what do you think I should do to make you stop that smile?”

“W-What smile?” Izuku asked.

“That sad smile of yours, dumbass. I hate it. Every time you talked to me, that smile is always there. Are you really see me that low, you useless nerd?” Katsuki used his angry tone.

  “O-Of course n-not, Kacchan! I-I always looked up at y-you!” Izuku stuttered while his eyes breaking contact with Katsuki’s glare.

  “Liar! Look at me when you’re talking, Deku!” the blonde ash male picks the freckled male up from his collar.

“Look away, don’t.. let him know your true feelings.” The phantom whispered.

  And Izuku did that, he kept looking away. It drives Katsuki to his edge.

  “Fine, do what you want Deku. I won’t give a fuck about it. I won’t give a fuck with your future self that haunts me. I never cared about you –both of you!”

  The shorter male didn’t really understand with what Katsuki has said to him, but it broke his heart into million pieces.