1

Katsuki Bakugou, the future second best hero hates Christmas. No, he doesn’t hate the snow and the chilly air that makes his quirk ineffective. He also doesn’t hate the crowds, gifts, and joy that covers the whole country. But every time he see a mistletoe, he can’t help but remember his childhood memories with Izuku –let alone the Christmas tree, he’ll get more pissed off to see anything green and bushy. It was the last Christmas they spent together, before Katsuki had a quirk. He remembers it perfectly, like it just happened yesterday. If his mother never told him that he must kiss the person beside him under the mistletoe –and she made mistletoe as the main decoration-, if his mother never invited the Midoriyas to celebrate Christmas together, if he never had that funny feeling which made him kiss Izuku at that time, he never would’ve been haunted
with an unpleasant feeling like this. So many happy memories and loving people had to go down
in Katsuki’s life in order to achieve his goal, and those made his days heavy with guilt which he always pushed away to the back of his mind. It’s not easy for him –he sometimes admits that to himself-, but remembering all of that will only slow him down or even be his downfall. He needed to get up and not make the same mistake, and never let losers like Izuku get into his life again.

  That’s why Katsuki’s Christmas is always plain. No decorations, no cakes, no Christmas themed sweaters, he’ll just lock himself up in his room until New Year. It’s the beginning of
December –December the 3rd to be exactly-, and Katsuki is already starting his ritual. He spends his hours thinking, sleeping, cooking, anything that will distract him from his childhood memory. And it’s worked so far, until he was harshly woken up in the middle of the night. His black duvet is pulled away, and a painful ringing sound fills the air, making him jolt up like he just had a nightmare. With the amount cold sweat his body produces, he let sparks come from his hands and instinctively scream in rage.

“Geez calm down. You don’t want your mom to come up here and hit you.”

  The blonde ash boy turn to the sound, only to meet his childhood friend with droopy eyes and
dark eye bags like their teacher, Aizawa. Plus he’s wearing a ghost costume

“What the fuck Deku, it’s not even Halloween. And why the fuck are you in my room?!”

“Kacchan, I’m not here for that colorful vocabulary of yours. And you should really keep your voice down before you wake up the entire neighborhood, including me.”

“What the fuck do you mean with including you?” he now says in a more hushed tone.

“I’m not Izuku from the present time. I’m from the future, and from now I’ll be your Yet-to-come ghost.”

“It’s not even Christmas yet! And what am I? A damn grumpy old man named Scrooge?”

“Of course not, Kacchan. But maybe the grumpy part is true.” The ghost grinned.

“You dare talk back to me, you damn nerd?!”

Katsuki tries to take a hold of Izuku’s white cloth with jumping at him, but failed miserably. He phased through the phantom and bump his forehead gracefully to the ivory wall.

  “Shut the fuck up, Katsuki! Don’t make me come up there!” Katsuki’s mother suddenly shouted.

  “Shut it, old hag!” said Katsuki as he rub his forehead, hoping there won’t be any sort of bump visible tomorrow.

“Oh my, I wish I had my phone right now. That’s really hilarious!” Izuku laughed.

  Now Katsuki’s bright red orbs finally take a good look to the almost invisible childhood friend. His eyes aren’t a shade of dark green, but an orange color -similar to the color of his hero suit. They seem dull and lifeless. His skin is sickly pale, making his dark eye bags and freckles stand
out more. A white cloth covers his head to his hips, and under it is his spine. A magician hat adored the top of his dark forest curly hair which is covered by the white cloth. The hat looks perfect with a red ribbon and a mistletoe. On his neck is a big white and red striped ribbon, to keep the cloth safe. His rival looks. . . Dreadful. He almost let himself ask if Izuku is alright, but he stopped himself in time. When trying to be the best, there is no time to worry about someone else.

“Shut the fuck up, you damn nerd,” said Katsuki, feeling his ears are burning.

At last, the phantom’s laughter died and the room became silent again.

“So Kacchan, are you ready to hear my explanation?” asked Izuku.

“Yeah, whatever. Just hurry up, I need my fucking sleep,” Katsuki answered as he yawned, not even bothering to close his mouth with his hand while he did so.

“Sleep? I don’t think you’ll have a good sleep for the next 22 days, Kacchan.”

  That just irritates the taller male more. He was rudely woken up in the middle of the night, embarrassed himself in front of his rival, got yelled by the old hag, and now he can’t even get his fucking beauty sleep? Just fan-fucking-tastic.

“Bakugou Katsuki, by the power that someone gave to me, I will lead you to a better path for the sake of your present self and also your future. Let this be your mission, let me be your guidefor the rest of the days before Christmas.”

  “And what if I refuse, nerd? You’ll pull me to hell?” challenged Katsuki.

  “Nope! –in fact, I’m still alive- I’ll just let you be a ghost forever!” answered Izuku as he grinned, it’s not every day you can feel more superior than Katsuki. He’s really going to treasure
it.

  The blonde ash boy pondered, trying to think of an escape. If he becomes a ghost, then his future, his dreams, his goals, everything that he built until now will crumble down. Maybe he can wait for the person who gave Izuku that power –it’s clearly a strong quirk and Izuku also said that he got it from someone else-, but the chance of meeting them must be low, and how long would he have to wait? How long is the future? How can he build everything from scratch again if he isn’t human? Too much is at risk, and escape is clearly not an option in this moment.

“Okay fine, you got yourself a deal nerd.”

“Great, now let’s start!”

  Izuku extends his hand to Katsuki, the red orbs see the pale hand cautiously. Katsuki reluctantly took the cold hand.

“I hope after all of this, you won’t hate Christmas anymore, Kacchan.” Izuku said with a smile.