3

Katsuki woke up early and left Eijirou’s house. It’s not a weird thing in Izuku’s opinion. But it’s not normal to see Katsuki on his phone almost all day. He only responds the freckled male with hums, like saying he hears Izuku but never wants to answer his questions.

  It’s more painful for Izuku, to be ignored like this –which he never thought it’ll be worse than being screamed at. So he just wandering the house, watching the other Bakugous do their activities.

  Mitsuki is still stuck with her morning routine. Well, since she’s already done her house work, she literally has nothing to do. It was probably her second cup of black coffee for today, and she’s currently reading The Christmas Shoes. Izuku knows how sweet and caring Mitsuki was –she’s like a second mother to him when he still often visit Katsuki’s house. If his childhood friend is asleep or currently out with his father, the woman will ask Izuku to join her in her small garden, or they will talk about a certain cute little boy that they loved while eating some cookies
that she made. Her cookies are good, but his mother’s are still the best to the curly haired boy. What he loves about Mitsuki –other than her true sweet nature even though it was laced with a little bit of cuss- is her garden. She loves peonies, and also Katsuki. Her garden will be always full with flowers, but she has a special place for peony and also a special time too. She always plants it when the cherry blossoms bloom and a few days before the explosive boy’s birthday.
Izuku remembers how fun it is to plant peonies that he grew to like too. She told him that flowers have their own language. At first little Izuku thought it’s how the flowers talk to each other –that leads to Mitsuki ruffling his hair for being so innocent and cute.

  “Whenever you feel that your words aren’t enough to describe what you truly feel, you can always show it with flowers! It’s an effective way to reach someone’s heart without much effort –but it’s even better if you put a poem in the bouquet.”

  Every word laced to Izuku’s heart. So every year on Katsuki’s birthday –when he gets bullied-, he always put a bouquet of peonies at the Bakugou’s doorway. Of course he knew where the flowers went after that, it’ll be in the trash can or his mother will take care of it. Mitsuki is fully aware of Izuku’s feelings. That’s why every time after the freckled male put the flowers in front of the doorway, she’ll be out in time before Izuku can reach the fence. She’ll thank him and make sure she’ll give it to Katsuki. And of course he knew she did, but it always ended up like the flowers are for Mitsuki. He didn’t mind though, since he’d never slip any embarrassing things like a poem into the bouquet –even though he really wants to try, but he’s always scared it’ll gross the ash blonde male out, like giving him flowers is not good enough to make him cringe.

  That’s what Izuku know about Katsuki’s mother. While his father, well he doesn’t know much. Masaru also has a gentle nature like Mitsuki –Izuku never hears him cuss, and it makes Izuku think that Masaru is gentler than Mitsuki. He’s someone quiet, who doesn’t have much to talk
about when he’s with Izuku. He did ask him about school or about Katsuki, he rarely talks about any topic aside from that. But he’s fun to have around if Izuku wants to calm his mind –like after he gets into a fight with Katsuki. He’ll also make two cups of hot chocolate –which is
surprisingly better than Mitsuki’s- and ask Izuku if he wants to talk about it. The freckled male never really had a father before, so he thinks that Masaru is the best father and Katsuki is really lucky to have him. His caring attitude is really calming.

  This house really gives Izuku a homey feeling, and Izuku sometimes missed it –apart from his own house. If only... The young Bakugou was also as nice as his parents. Yeah, too much ifs for a walking grenade like Katsuki, and Izuku can’t do anything more than wish his childhood friend would see him equally. But will he change after this? He’ll have to visit the present version of Izuku –which is on the bottom of the list. Will he stay or will he give Izuku an unexpected
change for his Christmas present? The phantom can’t help but feel anxious about it.