Chapter 38: Mission complete

I watched hopelessly at the clock, growing more and more tense as the time passed by. Were they okay? They weren't hurt, right?

I clenched my fists as I lowered my gaze to the floor. I could tell Jack was worried, but I could stop to reassure him, when I couldn't even reassure myself.

Pebbles trotted over to me, a goofy look on his face. I smiled as I patted his face, happy for the distraction.

"They're going to be okay." Jack said with a smile. I looked to him in surprise before laughing. "I hope so."

Bullet walked towards us, a hand on her hip as she sighed. "My stupid brother better not take long...." she mumbled.

I stopped and turned to her, feeling guilty. She practically ran here when she heard of our situation. And she told us she would do her best to protect us, and I looked up to her for that.

"Thanks for coming, Bullet." I said, a smile shaking my gratitude. She glanced at me, a smile on her face. "You haven't changed at all." She commented.

My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at her in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked. I haven't met her before..... right?

"Pfft. You don't remember me?" As asked laughing. "Well, you probably don't. Those two were always closer to you."

I stared at her in awe. "I'm sorry...." I apologized, feeling stupid. "Nah. It's fine. I was always busy chasing after Theo and my brother, after all."

I smiled as a faint image of the 6 of us came into mind. I remember now....

Though I didn't remember actually talking to them, I remember seeing their faces. And that was enough for me....

"So? How are you taking all this?" Bullet randomly asked, her eyes set on mine.

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm just worried about them. I know they're capable of taking him down and winning, but I can't help but wonder if something went wrong...."

Bullet wrapped her arms around me as she smiled. "They'll be fine. My idiot brother is with them. And he's super strong. Plus he has a lot of connections."

Bullet let go as she turned her head. "So this is your... brother?" She commented as she held a hand out to Jack. "Hiya Jack! I'm Bullet, an old friend of Gabe."

Jack stared at her in surprise before smiling. "Hi." He whispered, clearly shy.

Pebbles immediately joined them as he stumbled over to Bullet. She smiled as she rubbed the top of his fluffy head.

"Awe....." she whispered, a sad smile clear. I stared at her in confusion as she slowly pat Pebbles. "What's the matter?" I asked, alarmed.

Bullet shook her head. "Pebbles?" She repeated. Before I knew it, small tears were forming in her eyes. "Just like back then..." she whispered.

I stared at her, completely oblivious as to what was going on. "Back then the boy's found a puppy. He looked just like this one.... and his name was Pebbles. Well, you named him."

"So? What happened to him?" I asked, expecting the worse. She wiped her eyes. "Their father killed it. The very next day, they came back crying."

I stared at Pebbles, shocked. So.... they got a new dog.... and named him Pebbles....

I walked over to Pebbles as I stared at him, trying to remember the small animal.

But I couldn't. I didn't understand why....

Suddenly, the phone rang.

Our eyes shot at the telephone as Bullet quickly stood up.

She walked to the phone and picked it up. She brought it up to her ear and she looked me reassuringly.

"Hello?"

"Well damn sis get the whole goddamn world to set a huge ass party, cause we won, and I'm ready for some food."

Her eyes shifted to mine as she smiled widely. "Okay. Just hurry back!"

My eyes widened as she set the phone down. "Well, they won." She simply answered.

I ran to her as I pulled her into my arms. We both cried happy tears. Even if we knew this would turn out okay, we couldn't help but worry.

-------

The moment they walked through the door, I couldn't feel anything. I felt to embarrassed to walk to them, and I didn't know why.

I just ran like an idiot to the bathroom. "What the- Gabe?" Glenn called out.

I locked the door as I curled up. I..... couldn't believe this.

They knocked and knocked until I found myself opening the door and leaping at them. I was probably bipolar...

I squeezed the life out of them as I cried. "You did it you stupid bastards!" I yelled, ignoring the tears. They smiled as they shrugged it off. "Of course we did. We told you we would finish this."

I smiled and cried for a long time, as we all enjoyed each other's company.

Klein opened the front door, and I jumped up. Excited he finally joined us. But as I walked over, I saw someone standing behind him.

"Who's that?" I asked curiously as Klein wrapped an arm around me. "That's my idiot brother, Kane."

I don't know why all siblings called each other idiots, but I sort of ignored that comment.

"You're the spy from my dreams..." I pointed out. "Though you don't look like Klein...."

Kane smiled as he walked towards me. "Glad you made that clear. I look nothing like that dumbass."

Klein glared as he pulled me away from Kane. "Get away from him. Your stupid will rub off."

I smiled as they bickered on. It was nice to see, honestly. But I pulled myself  away as I walked back to my room. I need time to think.

As I sat on my bed, I felt a hand touch my back. I looked and smile when I saw Jack. "What're you doing here?" He asked as he got comfortable.

I shrugged as I smiled at him. "I guess I just need time to let all this sink in." Jack leaned his head on my arm before sighing.

"How are you surrounded by so many fun people?" He asked, a smile forming.

I glanced at him with a grin as I looked out the window.

"I don't know, pal. I really don't know."