{Chapter 19}

You woke up, tired and groggy. You then remembered the events of yesterday, you smiled softly. The familiar feeling of Sans' arms around your waist made you smile even wider. You snuggled into Sans, wanting things to stay like this forever. At this moment, all was forgotten. All you could think about was your awesome skele-boyfriend.

You stayed in his arms only a while longer, before you remembered that today was your brother's birthday. Flashes of all the time that the two of had spent together flashed through your mind. Memories that used to be happy now caused tears as you remembered each family member in turn. Jacob, your brother, was turning (Two Years older than you). (M/N) {Mother's name} by now would surely miss you dearly.

Then there was your father, (F/N) {Father's name}. He would be searching everywhere to find you. Search parties would be literally all over the world, looking for you. Little did they know, you were in the Underground, happy and content. It was a strange thought to you. Kind of funny, even.

It was surprising to think that it was almost the new year. Another first time without your family. It was quite strange to think about. The fact that you would be spending all of these holidays without your family, it was something that you hadn't thought about... until now.

How long until they give up? What if they decide that you've died? All these thoughts soared through your mind. But, you dismissed them. You were happy, and that was all that mattered. You ignored the small pangs of guilt for allowing yourself to brush thoughts of your family off so quickly. You finally get up, wanting to clear your mind.

You walk around absentmindedly, not knowing where you were even going. You didn't really care where you ended up right now, you just needed some time to yourself. You hum a tune, not exactly sure what it was since you weren't listening.

You stopped by a tree, sitting down and propping yourself up against it. You continue humming, just out of habit. Eventually, you start singing softly. As you gain more confidence, you sing louder. The words coming out of your mouth were from a song you used to know. Yet now, the words seem foreign to you.

Not really thinking, you continue singing, not even sure what you were saying. When you finished, you heard the sound of clapping. This had startled you, as you didn't expect there to be people there. You opened your eyes to see a crowd of monsters, each clapping happily.

Apparently, at some point during the song, you had stood up and walked to the center of Snowdin, not even realizing it. Your eyes widened in shock, as you could see Mettaton making his way through the crowd, clapping softly.

"Darling that was wonderful! If I'd known you could sing this well, I would've invited you to my show!" He exclaimed, hugging you. "But you heard me si-" He cut you off. "Nonsense darling!" He said, releasing you from the hug. "Listen. How would you like to be on my show tonight as a guest star?" Mettaton asked.

"Actually-" You were interrupted, again! "Great! I'll pick you up at six!" He said, walking off once more. 'Damn Mettaton. I was going to say no!' You think to yourself before headed back inside.

When you get inside, you can see Sans laying on the couch, dozing off. You sit down next to him, sighing softly. Sans wakes up and cocks his head to the side. "What is it, Buttercup?" He asks. "Just Mettaton being Mettaton." You stated simply. Sans rolled his eye lights. "Yeah, he tends to do that," Sans responded. You snickered at his little joke.

"Hey Sans?" You asked. "Yeah?" He responded. "What time is it?" You asked him. "Uh... 5:30, why?" You stood up and ran into your shared bedroom, frantic and nervous.

After getting ready, you walked down the stairs. Sans looks at you confused. "Why are you so dressed up, Buttercup?" He asks. "Mettaton is forcing me to star on his show tonight..." You trailed off. "Alright. But if he dares try anything, tell me, okay?" He says. "Of course!" You smile as you hear a knock on the door.

You walk to said door, opening it to reveal Mettaton. "Hello, darling! Are you ready?" He asks in his usual tone. "Yep!" You reply in a cheery tone, but not feeling cheerful in reality. He grabs you by the arm, dragging you outside. He drags you all the way to Hotland, not stopping until he reached his studio.

"Well, c'mon darling~!" He said, putting you down and waling inside. You followed him. He wound up leading you to a very large stage, but the main (the curtain for those who are not theater kids) was closed. "We're starting in five minutes. Oh, and don't worry, I'll tell you when to come on." Mettaton said, smiling. You nodded, the determination shining in your eyes.

~Itty Bitty Timeskip~

The main opened to reveal Mettaton, waving and smiling. "Good evening, beauties and gentle beauties!" He began excitedly. "Today, we have a special guest." He continued. Everyone whispered to one another, wondering who it could be. "Please welcome, Miss (Y/N) (L/N)!" He exclaimed, putting his hand in your direction. 

You walked out from backstage nervously, taking Mettaton's hand. There were claps and cheers as you blushed slightly. "Don't be nervous, darling. You'll do great." Mettaton whispered in your ear. You smile and nod, you were ready. "Earlier today I heard (Y/N) sing and I just couldn't let her fabulous talent stay hidden. So, can you sing for us, darling~?" He asks you. 

Your eyes widen in shock, but you nod. "Okay. I'll do it." You say determinedly. You smile at the audience, as all attention was on you.

~To Be Continued~

(Originally Published - 1/16/19
Edited - 8/1/19)