{Chapter 3}

"Human. Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around, and shake my hand.

Shaking, you turned around and shook the mysterious figure's hand, but as you did-

*pppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt*

"Heh. The old whoopee cushion in the hand trick-" You interrupted, "It's always funny!" You had begun to laugh, and the mysterious figure had smiled at you before continuing. "Anyway, the name's Sans. Sans the Skeleton. Anyway, you're a human right?" You nodded. "That's hilarious. I'm actually supposed to be on watch for humans right now, but I don't care about capturing anybody. My brother Papyrus, on the other hand, he's a human hunting FANATIC." You had begun to quiver at Sans' words. "H-hey, but don't worry 'bout him, okay kid?" You nodded. "Anyway, go through this gate, yeah go right through, my bro made the bars too wide to stop anyone." You walk through the gate. "Oh hey, that's my brother over there! Quick, behind this conveniently-shaped lamp!" You hide behind the lamp with one swift motion, hiding from view.

(All caps = Papyrus. Normal = Sans.)

"SANS!"

"'Sup bro?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT'S 'SUP' BROTHER. IT'S BEEN THREE WEEKS AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T. RECALIBRATED. YOUR. PUZZLES!"

(lol forgot what Sans and Paps say from now on, so I'm just gonna make up my own stuff.)

"Sorry Paps, guess I just got kinda distracted by this lamp, it's really interesting. You should check it out."

"SANS I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS! I MUST BE READY FOR IF A HUMAN COMES THROUGH HERE!" 

"Bro I really think this lamp could help ya."

"NONSENSE! I MUST GO TO RESET ALL OF MY PUZZLES BROTHER."

Because of the cold, you sneezed. Crap. Now you've done it!

"SANS, WHAT WAS THAT?"

"Uhh. That was, the uh, the wind! Yeah, the wind..."

"HMM... I DON'T BELIEVE YOU BROTHER."

"Wh-Why not?"

Because of the cold, you had now lost feeling in your hands and legs... not good.

"I AM GOING TO STAY HERE UNTIL I SEE WHAT YOU'RE HIDING."

"Paps, I'm not hiding anything, I swear."

"YOUR FACE SAYS OTHERWISE." 

Papyrus wasn't wrong, Sans had started sweating and was getting really nervous. You, however, were also in a very bad situation. You had just lost feeling in your arms.

"Uh... Paps, why don't you go patrol, w-wouldn't Undyne get mad at you if she saw you away from your post?"

"SANS. I HAVE ALREADY SAID I WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL I FIND WHAT YOU'RE HIDING."

Losing feeling in the rest of your body, you faint into the snow. Good job reader...

~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly open your heavy eyes to see that you are inside a house. You feel a blanket covering you but as you look down, you realize that it's not a blanket... it's Sans' jacket.

"SANS THE HUMAN IS AWAKE," Papyrus stated. You wondered if he was always this loud... Suddenly, Sans appeared directly in front of you, clearly worried, but you were too oblivious to notice. "Kid! You're okay!" You looked up at him, confused, "Why wouldn't I be Sans?" "Uhh... I mean, 'You're finally awake!' Heh..." You sit up and scan your surroundings some more. "HUMAN?" "Oh- um yes Papyrus?" You asked. "Y-YOU KNOW MY NAME?" Papyrus asked. You nodded in response. "COULD IT BE THAT I... HAVE A FAN!?" You were about to say no, but you felt as if you did, you would have a bad time, so you nodded again. "YOU ARE VERY QUIET HUMAN, ARE YOU OKAY?" "Yeah, I'm fine Papyrus. I just like to refrain from speaking too much." You said, making Papyrus' worried expression fade. "OH OKAY THEN HUMAN. THE GREAT PAPYRUS MUST GO, I SHALL RETURN LATER." And with that, Papyrus backflipped out the window. "Heh, my bro's really cool, isn't he?" "Yeah... yeah, he is... Hey Sans?" "Yeah (Y/- I mean, kid?" "Where are we?" "Oh, we're at my place in Snowdin Town." "Oh, really? I've always wanted to see Snowdin Town!" You exclaimed. "W-Well, I could take you on a tour, if you'd like, you know, just the two of us..." Sans said a bit flustered. "Yeah! I'd love that!" You said, completely oblivious to the blushing Sans next to you. "Okay then, let's go." With that, you and Sans walked out the door.

~Timeskip! Because I don't want to write all that, sorry folks!"

"Oh, and this here is the shop! C'mon let's go inside." You followed Sans into the shop, seeing an assortment of items. Sans was looking at a (F/C) ribbon (YES I know the ribbon is in the ruins but... it's for story reasons!) when he suddenly picked it up and took it to the counter. "How much?" he asked. "That'll be 8G." The shopkeeper stated. Sans took 8G out of his pocket and put it on the counter, with that, the two of you left. "Sans, why's you buy that ribbon?" "Close your eyes kid." You did as you were told. You felt your hair being put up into a chestnut bun (look it up). "Okay, you can open 'em." "You opened your eyes and Sans took out a hand-held mirror (because magic). You looked at yourself and blushed, you looked really cute! And apparently Sans thought so too because he was blushing too, but you didn't notice. The two of you walked back to Sans' house when you finally realized something. "Hey Sans?" "Yeah, kid?" "Where am I going to stay? I don't have gold so I can't stay at the Inn, oh and by the way, my name is (Y/N) so you don't have to call me kid." "Where are you gonna- You can stay with us, ki- (Y/N)." "Really?" "Yeah, I don't see why not, I'll ask Paps when he gets back." "But you only have two bedrooms..." "You can take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." "No, I'll take the couch, Sans." "But (Y/N) you're our guest and I can't-" "Fine." "Thanks-" "We'll both sleep on the bed!" 

~Sans PoV for a little bit.~

Oh. My. God. What was (Y/N) thinking! (I don't know Sans.) Suggesting we sleep together... it's not like I mind... NO! Bad Sans! Don't think like that! You just met her, okay she may be adorable but you just met her yesterday! "Um, Sans, you okay? You look flustered." "O-Oh, yeah kid, I'm fine." "I thought I told you to stop calling me 'kid' I am (Y/A) and therefore not a kid!" "Okay Buttercup." What did I just say? Did I really just call her 'Buttercup'!? What am I thinking! (Y/N) starts to blush and we go our separate ways. She goes to watch TV on the couch, and I go to my bedroom.

~Timeskip 'cuz I don't know what to do for this part~

It's been a few hours since (Y/N) started watching TV, so I go downstairs to check on her. I find her asleep on the couch. Not wanting her to wake, I slowly picked her up bridal style and took her to my bedroom. (No sins... yet. ;D) I lay her onto the bed and am about to walk away until I realize (Y/N) is gripping onto my shirt. "Stay... please..." She says. Not wanting to upset her, I lay down next to her and fall asleep.

~(Y/N)'s PoV~

You wake up and feel someone's arms around your waist. You turned around to see who it was. It was Sans... You didn't know if you liked this or not... Did you like him? You'd only met him like a day ago... Not wanting to wake him up, you go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Originally Published - 6/3/18
Edited - 8/1/19)