Scene 9 - A Friendly Conversation

The tower containing the ship's controls features a massive circular table for strategic planning, whilst the rest of the room featuring a countless set of panels, buttons, levers and other controls is being controlled by the crew. The room itself is circular, with windows around the perimeter of the tower overseeing the aircraft carrier. The Admiral is confused and amazed at how Joe could perform the operation as was the R/T technician overhearing the conversation as preparing a radio call for the WIN agents to the Panther 7V9 as well as the Admiral's associate the Officer.

Admiral:

And you mean to say that you did all that?

Joe:

Yes sir. I do this sort of thing on a daily basis.

Admiral:

I see your boys at WIN are just as capable, if not better than your average-aged agent.

Mac:

Well thanks to the BIG RA-

Sam nudges Mac, hinting not to keep the BIG RAT a secret and interrupts.

Sam:

We prefer to keep our methods safe to World Intelligence, you can understand that you have secrets of the World Navy that you don't want WIN to know.

Officer:

Anyway gentlemen, the radio call to the Panther 7V9 is nearly ready to make.

Mac:

Call? We are going to call them up you mean?

Officer:

Indeed Professor. We wanted Joe to plant the bomb in the dead centre of the ship so when we give them our final chance to surrender, we will have no choice but to destroy them.

Mac:

You know I still don't like the idea...

Sam:

Mac, don't let's get into all that argey-bargey again.

R/T Technician:

Excuse me, Admiral, the call is ready to make.

Admiral:

Right. I think because Joe risked his life to plant the bomb in the ship that he should have the privilege in giving him the chance to call them up. How does that sound Joe?

Joe:

Great Admiral.

Mac:

Yes son, I wonder what their reaction will be when they discover it was you the whole time.

Officer:

If we are ready then...

The Admiral escorts Joe and his father to the R/T Technician with the radio-ready to transmit who then passes it to Joe. With his glasses on, he is ready to make the call.

Mac:

Ready son?

Joe:

Ready dad

Admiral:

Whenever you're ready Joe, press the right button.

Joe presses it and begins to make the call.

Joe:

Panther 7V9, this is Joe 90 of the World Intelligence Network in association with the World Navy.

The Lieutenants are on the deck who is receiving the call and Lieutenant 2 holds the radio and calls out to the Captain and Laura on the deck, we don't see Laura yet, but we see the Captain though. The Lieutenant is scared to inform the Captain as he holds the radio in his hand.

Lieutenant 2:

Ssssir.

Captain:

What now Lieutenant?

Lieutenant 2:

There is a call for you from WIN and the World Navy again sir.

Captain:

Again?

Lieutenant 2:

Bu-but sir, there is a boy on the radio, called himself "Joe 90", that same boy who got into the ship.

We see a hand sharply point from the left, suggesting that someone wants the phone. We know it is Laura's because the hand is of a woman and not of a man's. Back in the tower of the Heli Carrier, Joe stands facing the window in the direction of the Panther 7V9 as he waits happily for their response.

Joe:

They're answering.

The images alternate from the intelligent Joe from the Heli Carrier and the vicious model Laura from the ship with their radios as their conversation begins.

Laura:

Laura of the Panther 7V9 speaking.

Sam:

(To Mac) The brains behind the operation

Laura:

Listen very carefully to me "Joe 90". You may be playing pirates with the military, but if you ever interfere with us again you, the military, everybody you love and the Indians will pay with your lives, remember that boy!

Joe:

I wouldn't close off if I were you.

Laura:

And why not, Joe 90?

Joe:

Because if you do not surrender this minute then we will activate the homing bomb placed in your engine that I was able to plant and get a taste of your own medicine. Well, what do you say?

He cues the Admiral to prepare the detonating device as the Officer holds another radio connected to the radio control box.

Laura:

You think I'm going to be taken in by cheap old-school tricks. Was it out of your school case?

Joe:

See for yourself.

Officer:

Fire at will.

The massive launcher is blasted high into the sky with the ship as its target with an enormous boom.

Joe:

In about thirty seconds from now, you and your ship will be no more. Goodbye Panther.

Laura begins to look rather serious at the end of the call and hears sailors diving into the ocean, including the Captain, Lieutenants. She exits the deck to explore what they are jumping away from and is disgusted when she sees the missile heading towards her ship.

Laura:

(To herself) Damn you Joe 90!

The missiles lands directly onto the ship, exploding it into tiny smithereens with multiple infernal flashes rocketing derby in the sea, there was no chance of any survival from anyone. The Admiral watches the destruction of the ship through a pair of binoculars, even though with binoculars it is still hard to make out that tiny flash. After watching the destruction, he puts the object down and turns to Joe with a smile, yet still shocked that a nine-year-old boy did all that.

Admiral:

Well... Well done, Joe 90.