Scene 7 - Intruder Alert!

The Lieutenants maintain their observations at the controls of the ship whilst they discuss quietly one to one with The Captain and Laura on the balcony admiring the view of the sea.

Lieutenant 1:

What do you think of the Captain then mate?

Lieutenant 2:

Him? (Sarcastically) He is great, he loves us two on the bridge.

Lieutenant 1:

Wait till I get my hands on him someday.

Lieutenant 2:

What does this mean idiot, cretin, imbecile, useless, doubts why he pays us well.

Lieutenant 1:

He is just short-tempered and wants to impress her, I mean I can see why.

Lieutenant 2:

By showing off the missiles.

Lieutenant 1:

And that's why he asks us if there are any targets to fire at. Is there actually anything to report though?

Lieutenant 2:

No, nothing to report. Nothing will happen for a while anyway.

The door to the ship's main engines slides open to allow entrance for Joe as he quickly steps forward allowing him to enter the Engine room as it shuts behind him before anyone spots him. The room contains a set of wires and lights decorated across the large room with different systems and registers added along with it. All the wires leading up to what is dead centre in the room, a large and powerful generator conducting the ship's main power in an opaque colour box, containing more lights and wires connecting to it with perhaps one or two buttons and levers around the engine conductor. Joe, seeing that the coast is clear, simply makes his way towards the engine carrying the heavy bomb in both hands. But above the door which he doesn't notice is a built-in camera with a red light built into it. Whenever it feels like it, the light flashes, signing that an intruder is where he shouldn't be. In the Command Deck, a red light flashes on the controls and video footage of the room with Joe inside is played on a monitor as both Lieutenants observe.

Lieutenant: 1

Hay look! There is an intruder on the Engine room!

Lieutenant 2:

What? How did he get in there?

Lieutenant 1:

Alert the Captain immediately and I'll sound the alarm.

The Captain and Laura stand behind them who have heard everything they have said.

Captain:

No need Lieutenants. We have an intruder in our craft and you were about to sound the alarm.

Lieutenant 2:

Oh erm, yes sir.

Captain:

Well don't just stand there! Sound the alarm now and get after him.

Lieutenant 1:

Sir, whoever is in there is only a boy.

Captain:

I don't care who it is, he is going to destroy our ship. Get him! Stop him! Kill him!

Laura:

This is about to warm up.

Joe has now placed the bomb onto the engine and has set it to be detonated without a timer, picking up his radio he calls back to the World Navy Heli Carrier.

Joe:

Joe 90 to World Navy, planted the bomb on the engine and am now returning back to the Heli Carrier.

Mac:

Great work Joe! Be careful though.

Joe:

It was easier said than done dad, don't worry.

He exits the room proud of himself, unaware of the light flashing above the door and that he has been detected by the Command Deck via the CCTV. The Captain has now lost his temper of the intruder in his ship and orders his men aggressively with the Lieutenants running around like flies and the impressed Laura overseeing the entire scene.

Captain:

What are you waiting for you snivelling little pigs? Get the guns and shoot to kill him, boy or no boy, he must die!

The exit to the side of the deck opens slightly, enough for Joe to slip out and hide back down the crate after a gunshot is fired at the door making Joe duck, then quickly activating the radio to communicate to Sam.

Joe:

Joe 90 to Sam Loover, I've just spoken too soon, I've been spotted and are firing at me!

Sam:

Quick Joe, get out of there and try and last out!

Joe:

I'll try my best!

Switching off his radio, then putting it back in his pocket and pulling out a gun from the same pocket, he begins to take aim and starts to fire at the guards who are also hiding behind walls, crates and other built-in objects as they react back by shooting from side to side. It would be impossible for anyone to cross the battleground, one of the guards contacts the Command Deck for advice.

Guard:

Guard to Command Deck, Guard to Command Deck, we are shooting at the imposter and we can't get him, he is too quick.

Captain:

(On the radio) Listen to me very closely, if you do not take him alive or dead your head will be used as target practice for our missiles, do I make myself clear.

Guard:

Yes sir, but he is just a boy sir, we can't take out...

Captain:

If one more person says that, blood will be spilt on this deck starting with you. I'm not interested in petty excuses, kill him idiot!

Guard:

Very good sir.

He returns the transmitter to his jacket pocket, then resumes the battle with his men. The gunbattle would be impossible to pass considering the large number of bullets flying from side to side, Joe notices a pump on the side of where his oppositions hide, it is a thick and long pale green one stretching up from the ground to the top of the boat. Taking this opportunity, he fires at it releasing a fog of smoke making it impossible for anyone to see through it, especially the stupid guards who don't know what to do. Joe decided to slip back into the corridor inside the ship to find another way around whilst the guards shoot randomly into the gas in case he went through to try and breakout.

Guard:

I can't see! Where is he, you idiots?

The guard takes out his radio again to contact the Command Deck.

Guard:

Guard to Command Deck, we have lost the boy, he released this smoke and we aren't sure...

Captain:

Don't give me those petty excuses guard. You go into the smoke and find that boy and kill him. To prove of this, I want his body brought to me after you eliminate him.

Guard:

But he is a boy Cap...

Captain:

No buts you coward! Find that boy guard, and kill him!