We were silent for a bit. I just stared at sleepy boy's face while he pressed his lips together into a firm line. Determination was written all over his face. Why was he still bothering with me? I'm clearly not liking him right now. So why did he stop me despite me being rude to him?

Although he was rude to me so I guess that makes us even.

"...You sure you're Dominic?" He scoffed and gave me a look that could kill. I put my hands up in a surrender.

"I'm just... Shocked." I said slowly. Not sure what to say anymore. The adrenaline wasn't kicking anymore but the urge to leave was still there. Sure, he had a great speech and all and I'm not entirely pissed at him anymore. I still hate him though, but now knowing that sleepy boy was Max all this time... Kinda disappointed me.

I know it's really bad to think that and imagining Max thinking that about me actually feels like someone ripping my heart out- but I can't help it. I was wishing for Max to be this caring, nice guy but now I'm here with this rude ass piece of-

"I'm shocked too. Hell, I'm shocked that we even live this close by. Let alone go to the same school." I nodded and awkwardly scratched my neck while glancing at the door.

I need to get to my room, and sit in silence and think all this through. I need time. So much time to even begin to accept this. What have I gotten myself into?

Sleepy boy sighed and sat down. "Why don't we order something?" I nodded silently and took a seat in front of him. This is going to be so awkward.

"What would you like?" He asked almost immediately. I stuttered out inscrutable words while looking at the menu that was placed here long before when I was still here alone. Are we seriously still doing this? This is so strange! I mean we technically know each other but we aren't on very good terms yet sleepy boy is just going to act like he didn't just have a very dramatic speech and just eat like we planned?

"Just... Tea." I rubbed my arm uncomfortably. The air wasn't even that stiff. It was just the thought that it could get stiff any moment that made me have a hard time breathing properly. I seriously need to think about all of this. I need to call Evan or just call someone and just get out of here.

How can the guy who ticks me off be the same guy who makes me walk on clouds?

"Boring. I'm going to have a coffee and a slice of apple pie." I scrunched up my nose and pulled at my hoodie.

"It's not boring. Tea tastes good and comes in hundreds of different flavours." He raised a brow and put down the menu. I hadn't even noticed he took off his coat. Now I could see a peach or beige-ish t-shirt hugging his body. It looked new and I hated to admit he looked really good in it.

"I didn't know you liked tea." I scowled and looked away. I didn't know why I was so angry. Maybe I was just frustrated? But why? Because he isn't who I thought he was?

"You don't know a lot of things about me." He furrowed his brows at me as well. Then suddenly his expression turned a shade darker and I hated to admit I leaned away when he put his arms on the table to move closer to me.

"That day when you woke me up in the hallway was a really fucking bad day okay? I feel sorry for you that one simple impolite gesture will make you hold a grudge against a person you hardly know. Everybody isn't going to kiss your shoes every time you want to, alright?"

"That..." I didn't know what to say. He isn't wrong but I just sound...Like a fucking douchebag. It's not like me to hold a grudge, especially for something so small so... Maybe it's something else. Something else that makes me tighten my fists when I see this guy. But what?

He sighed a heavy painful sigh that made my stomach turn. "I really wanted to meet you okay? I didn't expect it to turn out like this but..." He seemed so hurt, vulnerable even. It was weird seeing him like that. I don't know him to well despite all our texts but he seems like such an unbreakable guy but it felt like I was looking at a stranger. Not MaximumCray, Not sleepy boy or Dominic. Just a shell of a person I've never met before.

It scared me to death.

I know that I like him... But which him?

"...But what?" I said, my voice tender and low. That's when that vulnerable thing cracked. He shook his head side to side and looked at me with harsh eyes. Like I had just insulted his whole family tree.

"I don't know." He averted his eyes.

I imagined this in so many different ways. I imagined him being my long lost brother. I imagined him being a girl. I imagined him being- I don't even know but I never, ever imagined something like this. Not even close.

I had the urge to drink and drown away all my worries and that was enough to make my fingers twitch and for my feet to stand up.

"I... I have to go." I turned to walk away.

"Wait! Spencer! What the fuck?" I stopped despite not really wanting to. I really didn't want it to be like this. I wanted to meet Dominic, spend more time with him, hold hands and eventually move on to kissing or something... Be like those cute couples you secretly adore on Pinterest.

Not like this.

I don't want to be a dick but sometimes you just have to be a dick to not be a dick to yourself. Make sense? I need to take some time to think all this through. I need to go home and call Evan. I need to just talk to my best friend right now and talk but also think this through. The buzzing of the café and sleepy boy's endless drama speeches made it feel like my head was about to explode.

"Don't you- I don't know- Don't you want to have any contact anymore? Seriously? I know I'm not who you expected but I'm still Dominic, You're still Lancer and I'm also MaximumCray."

Sleepy boy looked pretty calm. He was still seated and didn't speak in a very loud voice, just loud enough for me to hear. Yet his eyes flashed nothing but stress and panic. It made my chest tighten and I almost turned back to 'get to know each other'.

It was the endless racing of my heart that made me shake my head and continue to the door. This is insane.

"I just need some time for myself to think." The first thing I did when I exited the café was call Evan to rant.