"Ready." I said grabbing my purse and phone. I noticed I had a text, and read it to myself.

Sorry about this morning.

I sighed, and threw it in my purse

"Are you alright?" Rick asked me, holding the door open so I could exit. I nodded my head and walked to the car. The whole ride to where ever we we're going, I got excited. Just spending time with this man put my heart at ease.

"Are you going to tell me where we are headed to?"

Rick rubbed my thigh, and smiled, "baby, were almost there. I just want to make up for last night. "

We pulled into a parking lot, and looking at the building I knew we were at a day spa. He knew I loved going at least once a month. "Thank you."

"Get pretty, because tonight will be special."

I hugged him, and pecked his lips. We walked hand in hand inside. Rick ordered me a complete body scrub and massage, along with getting my hair blown out. We were seated inside of a Jacuzzi, when two staff members brought in a bottle of wine.

"This is wonderful baby, thank you." I said as I sipped my wine. "What's on the agenda for tonight."

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

I smiled at him. We had been through so much together, there was no way I was letting Rick go.

We arrived home, and as soon as we walked in there was a beautiful dress hanging by the staircase. The beautiful purple dress had gold trimmings. My two favorite colors. I covered my mouth, and was shocked. "Oh my goodness! Rick!"

Rick smiled at me, and held me in his arms, "something beautiful for my beautiful girl."

I smiled up at him, that was the first time in a long time that Rick had called me beautiful. It was great hearing these words. I stood on my tip toes and kissed his lips. "How did I get so lucky to have you?"

"Luck I guess." He joked.

Rick told me that we had dinner reservations at 6pm, so I made my way up the stairs to get ready. When I dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror, and liked what I seen. Rick called me from the bottom of the stairs, and I walked down the steps. His eyes popped as soon as he seen me.

"Damn baby, you look great." He said, holding his hands out for mine.

"Thank you Mr. Tucker." I kissed his cheek, and we headed out.

The car ride to the restaurant was quiet. A little to quiet. Rick was usually talking about work, but he seemed nervous.

"Are you alright?"

Rick nodded, "just have a lot on my mind." He took my left hand in his. "I just want to show you the man that I want to be for you Zana."

I smiled, "you are, you have. "

"I've fucked up alot in our relationship, I didn't appreciate you the way that I should have."

"It's fine, we're fine."

We pulled up into the parking lot. And Rick walked around to open my door. We walked inside, and I thought it was fishy that there were not anyone inside.

"Surprise!" I heard a crowd of people scream. My heart almost jumped out of my chest. What the hell?

I turned to face Rick but he was on his knees holding a box that held a huge, beautiful ring inside. My hand went straight to my mouth, "oh my God!" I looked around at all the smiling faces. My parents were in the crowd with tears in their eyes.

"Tarzana Relda Andrews, I'm sorry for all the times that I've hurt you baby. You have stuck by my side for more than four years, showing me just how much of a rider you are for me. You have picked me up when I was down. You held me down when I was down and out. And for that I'm forever great ful. Please Zana, I need to make you my wife, so I could show you the finer things, the best of me, and my love that will forever remain baby. Will you marry me?"

Tears escaped me eyes, as my words became stuck in my throat. Marriage? Rick? Was I dreaming? Was he for real?

"Ricky..." I cried.

Rick was still on his knee, holding the ring up to me.

I held his face in my hands, "yes baby, I will marry you!"

Rick got up and placed the ring on my left finger then kissed my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he picked me up like I was his baby.

"Ricky!" I laughed, and feeling somewhat embarrassed in front of my friends and family.

I noticed that Kiara had walked away from the crowd with a disgusting look on her face. I knew she didn't like Rick, but it would have been nice for my best friend to share the same happiness with me. I asked that Rick put me down, as my mother and father walked over to me and hugged me.

"My baby is getting married. Leroy, look at this ring!" My mama held my hand out so my father could see it.

"Cheryl now don't be getting any ideas. Your ring is fine gal." Daddy said to mama and kissed my cheek, "congratulations baby girl."

"Thanks daddy."

I was in awe looking at this fourteen karat gold ring on my finger. My man really out did himself tonight.

I walked to the bathroom to fix my makeup that I had cried away when being proposed to. I seen that Kiara was in the mirror crying like she lost her favorite toy.

"Kiara, do you need to talk?" I asked her placing my hands around her neck to console her.

She smiled at me, and wiped her face with the back of her hand, "Zana, I'm fine. I'm just...happy for my best friend. You look beautiful, and...I'm sorry Zana."

"Sorry for what, Kiki?" I asked her looking into her hazel eyes. "Please talk to me girl."

Kiara leaned against the sink, when someone walked into the bathroom. "Girl it can wait another day. I just feel like I'm losing my best friend, and Rick...you know he a dog."

"He's trying Kiara." I defended him, this must have been the umpteenth time of me doing so. But Rick was my man, and I would defend him to the bitter end. I held on to her hand. "You will never lose me, we are best friends, where ever I go you go, and vice versa. So what, I'm getting married, that will never change the relationship I have with you, you got that?"

Kiara nodded and smiled weakly. "It's just.."

"Come on out here girl, it's party time!" My drunk cousin walked into the bathroom and pulled me outside.

"We'll talk later Kiki!"

I followed my cousin out of the bathroom and to the dance floor. This was truly a night I wasn't going to forget.