Chapter 63🥀

There is a limo waiting for us outside of the hotel, it feels so fancy. It makes me feel so special.

We walk into the limo, paparazzi everywhere, fans screaming. Shawn's bodyguard is walking in front of us making a clear path for us to walk to the limo. I walk in first and Shawn sits next to me. He opens a bottle of champagne. He Pours us 2 cups, "cheers." I smile at him, feeling giddy and happy.

"To us" we clink our glasses and take a sip. It's good.

it's 9:30 when the limo gets to a stop. "We're here," Shawn tells me. I shift to go and open the door when the driver gets me to it and opens the door for us. out and wI get up looking around, thinking I would see a huge house but instead we are at a restaurant..?

"What are we doing here?" I'm confused.

"I thought about taking you out for dinner first. Just you and me, I know lunch was a bit weird because it wasn't just the two of us. So I thought we could go out for dinner before the party." He is grinning and I like it.

He is so sweet. I can't believe it, this looks like a high-quality restaurant. I give him a little peck on the lips and we walk inside.

Shawn orders us some wine even though we are both not really allowed to, but no one asks questions. So I'm ok with that. It's not like we don't drink.

We order our food and before and I knew it, we're sitting without empty plates. I guess I was hungry.

"I'm sorry about earlier today, I don't know what was that" I apologize. After tonight, our dinner, our talk, the smooth and fun relaxing conversations...  I just-

"It's fine, I understand. You're right I did move a bit too fast, I was excited getting to be with you again." I smile at him.

"Would you like any dessert?" The waiter asks after a while. Actually, I would love something sweet. "No thank you, just the check," Shawn says, not even asking me. The waiter comes back a few seconds later with the check and Shawn takes out his card and pays for everything.

"Shawn you didn't need to pay for me"
"I know I didn't need to, I wanted to." He stands up giving me his hand to hold I take and we both walk out hand in hand. The limo is waiting for us on the right but Shawn starts walking the left, "where are you going?" I'm following him, "I hope you have room for dessert." he says, putting his hand on my shoulder kissing my head. I grin at him.

"good evening, we would like a chocolate secret tower for two to please" Shawn orders as we walk into w this weird place a few blocks from where the limo is parked. This place looks like no one ever comes to. It looks like an old haunted ice-cream shop.

"that'll be 32 dollars," the cashier says.

Holy shit. 32 dollars? Shawn doesn't even budge as he takes out his credit card. I stare at him, not sure I like that he pays on me all the time. I should pay him back. At least about the dessert. I'll do it later. I know Shawn will turn this into a scene.

"What is the secret tower?" I ask as we sit at on one the three tables there are there. "you'll just have to wait and see" he says smiling.

"How do you even know this place?" I ask curiously. "I used to come here all the time as a kid... every trip to New York, we came here. It's Aaliyah's favorite place."

He is just smiling at me, and I can't help but ask; "What?"

"I'm just so happy you came here"

"Yeah well, at first I didn't want to come, but now I'm happy I came too," I say truthfully.

"I have a question," I say.

"Ok, what is it?"

"Are we back together? I mean, like back together, back together?" I ask. "Because you told your parents and your sister about us before we actually talked about it. I know I bugged you about it a lot today, I'm sorry I am just really confused by all of this. I'm just not sure I want to get back together if in two days I'll go back to my life and I won't be able to see you."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I should've talked to you before I told my family... or took you out, kissed you in public. We talked about this, you said you'll give it a try. Don't you want to get back together?" He asks.

"To be honest, I don't know. I mean, I know it's amazing with you, and every time we are together I'm happy. Truly happy. But I'm going to go back home in 2 days ... and you are on tour... and your home isn't where my home is, so I'm not sure even after the tour how this will work out"

"We can be together from a distance, we did it for almost a month and it wasn't that bad, and when the tour is over I want you to come with me to Canada," he says. "We talked about this"

"What? Shawn this is crazy. I can't just go with you to Canada..."

"Why not? Last time we talked about it you said ok" Is he serious? I don't know what I was saying.

"My whole life is in Dallas, my family my friends, college... I can't just leave everything behind and move in with you to Canada. We barely even know each other." Oh shit.

He sighs. "That's not what I meant. I didn't mean you should move in with me, I meant you should come to visit for a month, maybe 2." He says.

"Oh..," I thought he just asked me to move in with him... Which sounded crazy. Right? I can't just go and move in with him.

"But maybe in the future..." he says "it's not a crazy thing to ask, right?" what the actual fuck?

"I'll think about it... about the month offer," I say. This is too much.

"So are back together?" he asks me this time. I can't believe we are actually having this conversation, this sounds like we are both 14-year-olds... and this is our first relationship. I want to laugh at how stupid this must sound from the side.

"I guess we are," I say smiling. "For now, for the next 2 days, until we talk," I say quickly. We are not done talking about this.

Shawn kisses me and I feel like the happiest person alive. I can't believe Shawn and I are actually dating again... I feel like a little girl that just got everything she ever wanted. I got a second chance. I didn't deserve one, and I got it anyway.

What am I even saying? He didn't deserve a second chance. And he got one anyway because he is amazing.

A few seconds later, The Secret chocolate Tower came holy shit that's huge.

"What are you waiting for? Come on, dig in" He says smiling. We both dig in, and oh my god. That's amazing. Totally worth 32 dollars.  "Holy shit" I say with my mouth full. "This is good" I say and Shawn chuckles. "Told you" He says. I'm so happy I came to New York. First I was at the concert, and Shawn was fucking amazing, and now this, this date. It was more than amazing. And after this, we have the party.

Fuck I'm so excited! I don't want to go back home. At least not when Shawn is here with me.