Chapter 12🥀

She says nothing. I stare at her waiting for her to elaborate.

"He called me last night," she says finally. Did he call her?

"ok, and what does that mean?" I ask. Did he ask about me again? ugh. He has to move on. we broke up. We will never get back together. I hope she told him that. Again.

"I slept with him" she blurts. I feel my world shutting down. My heart shuttering and tears are filling my eyes with no control.

"How the fuck a phone call turned into you sleeping with him?" I ask. Fuck. I loved Darren. We were together for 2 years. He knew Maya is my best friend. He used to call me every day wanting to get back together and when I blocked him he started calling her to get to me. He was so clingy to me. I never in A million years thought this would happen.

I look at her watching tears streaming out of her eyes and I just lose it so I storm out of the room not wanting to see her right now. I need some quiet time. I need to think. I need to leave. I need to get away from here. Without thinking I open my phone and text the first person I can think of.

"Hey, can you pick me up?" I press send.

Fuck. That was a mistake. Why did I do that? What is wrong with me? It wasn't a good idea to text him, maybe it wasn't a good idea to go over to his place, I mean to his hotel room, last night. Maybe if I haven't gone to the concert none of this would have happened. This is all Rachel and Alex's fault.

I'm too clingy. I know that. I feel it. I feel too comfortable around Shawn, and I only know him for a day. I hate this. I did a mistake. I wish I could delete it. Ugh. I'm so stupid.

Ok, so I'll just text him that it was a mistake and we can move on.

I'm about to text him when my phone pings and I see he beat me to it.

"Sure I'll be there in 30. Everything ok?"

Oh.

And the smile comes faster then I thought it would be possible. How does he have time? And even if he does, Why does he want to spend it on me?

I sit outside on one of the benches around campus, thinking how to respond to him. am I ok?

"yeah"  nope.

"yes. I'm fine." Yeah, that's a no.

"of course everything is ok..." ugh

"yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry to bother you but  " no no-no-no.

Ok, so I can't think of what to say. Truth is I'm embarrassed I texted him. Maybe if I'll watch something on YouTube, do something I'll forget about all of this. I can't believe she did this to me. I can't believe Maya would do this. I take a deep breath and I open my phone starting to watch some old YouTubers, surprised to see Shawn on my screen as a Viner? What is that? Magcon? What is that?

My phone pings Interrupting me watching well him on YouTube...

"Be there in 5"

I quickly turn the phone off, like if he is right here and he can catch me watching old videos of him on YouTube.

I take a deep breath trying to pull myself together.

My life is fucking crazy.

I walk to the parking lot, seeing he is here. I smile, before walking closer to the car I already recognize. I watch him from the side window, he is really handsome. I can't believe he was in a band.. well I think it was a band? Was it? I should ask him about it.

Ok, no more stalling. Here we go.

"Hey" I exhale as I get in the car. I haven't even realized I was holding my breath.