Chapter 45🥀 - flashback part 2

~ Flashback ~

I'm a mess, I'm sitting in Alex's car crying, and people who are passing by are looking at me, judging me. I try calling Shawn again, I need to talk to him. To hear what he has to say... We need to talk this through. I hate to bother him while he is in a photoshoot but I'm just really at lost. Before I act stupidly and call him for the second time my dad calls me.

"Hello?" I say doing my best at hiding how broken I feel right now.

He chooses to ignore my tone or he just simply doesn't notice when he starts talking. "I have a surprise for you. I'm sending you an address and I want you to come right over" he says. "Uh... ok," I say confused. My dad hangs up and he sends me an address just as promised. What is going on?!

I decide to ignore hoe confusing that just was and to just go to the address my dad gave me. Through the drive my mind goes back to Shawn, and how this might be difficult for him. I should give him some time to process all this new information. I think it was a mistake to tell him that over the phone, and also he is in the middle of a photoshoot, I shouldn't have called. I hate how out of control this is. How could I be so stupid?

I start to slow down as the GPS says I got to my destitution, this must be a mistake. I check the address he sent me again. Yeah, I got it right. I get out of the car, standing in front of a big white house in a really beautiful neighborhood. What is that about? Why would he tell me to come here?

I'm about to call him when the front door opens he my dad walks my way. "Hey sweetie"

"Dad?" I am confused. I give him a hug. What is happening?

"Hi, there dear." He smiles.

"Hi Dad," I say. I'm confused.

"What's going on?" I ask. His welcoming smile somehow turns into a suspicious one.

"Ok, so I wanted it to be a surprise for tomorrow but I couldn't help myself." He looks from me to the house and back to me again. "Welcome to my new home," he says.

My jaw drops. His new what now? "Your new home?!" I gasp. "Yes. I moved here a week ago. And I didn't want you to come over before all the furniture came and the house was ready" he says "Well come on in" he says and he holds my hand pushing me in.

I walk in with him. I'm in awe. The house looks amazing. So beautiful so elegant and new. "Here is the guest room. You can sleep here tonight if you'd like" my dad giggles like only he does. I walk, there is a king-size bed decorated with way too many pillows. A huge closet with a bathroom connected to it. The whole room is decorated with black and dark brown colors... it's really amazing. Just my type.

After the rest of the tour around the house my dad gave me, he and I are sitting outside on the front porch, drinking tea. He loves tea.

"Dad I can't believe this is your house now. How did you keep this a secret from me?" I ask. I sip from my tea. Mhmm. I love cinnamon. I look around, this place is absolutely stunning.

My phone vibrates in my pocket making me jump. I check it, hoping it's Shawn, but to my disappointment, it's Maya who's calling. "I'll be right back," I tell my dad before I walk inside and I answer the phone.

"Hello," something is wrong. I hear her crying on the other side of the line. "What happened?" I ask concerned. "Ben is gay" she sounds devastated. I'm thinking about how to react to that. I already knew that he was gay. and I kept it a secret from her. Now I feel like fuck.

Thank god she keeps talking before I can say anything. "Where are you? I really want to get out of this place. Alex and Rachel already knew. they talked about it when I walked in  a few minutes ago and I heard Everything." She says.

"What?" I can't hide mu surprise. They, knew? How did they even find out? Do they know about Jeremey too?

"Um.... my dad is in town. I guess he moved here... And I'm at his house." Wow just even straying that sounds weird. My dad's lives here? That's just strange. Why did he even come here? "Do you want me to come to pick you up? We can hang here if you want" I say thinking she probably doesn't want to get back to her dorm with Ben. Did they even break up? I really feel sorry for her. "yes. I would love that, can we sleep there tonight as well?! I really can't sleep with Ben at the same dorm." She says.

"Uh... I don't think that there will be a problem... I'll go ask my dad. Just one sec." I go back outside and I ask my dad if Maya can stay here tonight.

"Of course! Both of you can stay here. I'm not sleeping here tonight I'm going to visit John and I'll probably stay the night there... just remind me to leave you a key" my dad says. "Thank you," I say kissing him on the cheek waling back inside."My dad said it'll be fine if we stayed the night." I say. "Cool. So can you come to pick me up from the shop?" She asks. "Right now?" dumb question. Of course right now. Where else will she go?

"Yeah... I'll go to my dorm to pack some stuff for the night and you do that too and we'll meet at the shop drink a coffee or whatever and we'll go." She says.

"Maya it's like 11 a.m. Are you sure you want to spend all day at my dad's house?" I ask.

"Dah. And we can watch movies and make dinner. It'll be fun. Please" she begs.

"Fine."