Chapter Thirty-Nine

Jacob POV

-

-

Dad came in to the ward to pick us up. Bridget was still asleep in my bed and Annie was awake with her head in my chest. We were just talking.

I was hating that our time was almost up. I didn't want to leave her for another two days, and she didn't want to lose me.

"Hey, Annie."

My dad said as he slipped into the room.

"How are you feeling?"

Annie sat up, and walked over to my dad giving him a hug.

"You okay?"

My dad had asked her and she just hugged him. With a whisper for an answer.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

When she pulled away she had glassy eyes. She was going to cry. I understand why she didn't cry with me. She cried with my dad because he saved her, took her home. Gave her a new life.

In a way gave her me.

I sit up slowly and walk over to the table, where I put all my books back into my bag. Once that is done I hang it on the pram. I clean up Bridget's stuff then put that with the pram too.

"Jacob, I can do that."

Annie's soft voice says as she comes up to my side. Her hands skimming my back.

"Please."

She whispers, and I know what this means to her. I take a step back just enough to see her face. And kiss her on the head.

"Okay."

I stand back a few steps as she lifts Bridget out of my bed. She holds Bridget like she is her own child. I realise that I have to at least give her that in her life.

The opportunity to have her own child. With that the opportunity to pick when. Another three, four years maybe. At least by then she will be out of school. And finding her future. That is if we are still together.

I realise my eyes are filled with tears as I watch her hold Bridget, my sister, my girlfriend, both mean a lot to me. And they both mean a lot to each other.

"Jacob I love you."

She says as she puts Bridget into the pram, not strapping her in. Because only a short distance awaits the car.

"I love you too."

I say as I wipe a tear away from her face. It had only just fallen. She rested her head against my chest, my head on her shoulder.

"I'll see you in three days."

She whispers too me.

"Of coarse you will, Annie."

-

-

Annie POV

-

-

Once they are gone I brush my teeth and get changed for bed. I will have a shower in the morning when I meet with the head mistress again.

For now I crave sleep.

And Jacob.